We completed our 16 person, two boat, and infinite drink 110nm circle around the BVI, safe and sound. First, the Horizon Yacht Charter team did great when our Lagoon 440 broke down and they were able to get the Salena 48 from TMM. The Salena was AWESOME, she had tons of room, sail leads back to the helm area was nice. She sailed pretty well.

Lessons this trip - in a North Swell no need to bust out to Anegada as the snorkeling is not great, stay down and do the bubbly pool
Scrub Island is a great stop, the food and service is far better than Marina Cay and worth the price. Nice diving and snorkeling on Donovans Reef. We did not get nice treatment at Peter Island, $70/pp for the buffet (we skipped it and ate on the boat since we did not feel welcome) Dolphin Water taxi was great, thanks Greg. We hiked to the top of JVD, great work out and awesome view. We also spent a few hours at Rudi's Market with Rudi, great fun and he was sharing about his new BBQ pit under construction. The Horizon base at Nanny is a great location, we enjoyed breakfast and Peglegs. The beach was small but it allowed for a last swim before the water taxi pick up. The bathrooms and showers were clean and nice, make sure to leave a tip. We did have a pretty big battery problem on the other Horizon boat, the service team did meet us at Scrub to install all new batteries and this solved all the problems. We should have had stayed in the N. Sound to get the batteries fixed before heading out to Anegada... broken stuff is no fun and we tried to power through it. I am not sure why the boat was released as the batteries drained in 5 minutes below 10v and the refrigeration stopped.

In the end we introduced 9 new people to sailing and the BVI. They were troopers for something so different. I think we gained 5 people who will come back. In closing the water taxi is a great perk and I would say the cost upon arrival is worth it! No stress from the airport, land taxi, water taxi, customs, then all the way to your charter dock. You just do not stress on the Ferry situation. This year we used the service in reverse on the way out and it was equally great. Worth the cost in my book.

Icesailor, Mike