|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,060
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Tom
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,440
Joined: August 2000
|
|
|
15 members (polaris, kodack, TracyT, DBESXM, NumberCruncher, BeckyMac, 2Travelers, Shelly C, christina, FFSXM, Bob O, 4 invisible),
407
guests, and
60
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 136
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 136 |
Anchored here for the night, inside the reef and in a pleasant and sheltered lagoon. I was careful to ensure that I was OK to do this by emailing the Little Dix resort concierge service ahead of time, and received a welcoming reply. Having said all that no sooner had I dropped the hook, careful to leave enough space for passing boats to get from the marked entrance to the resort dock, I was told in no uncertain terms by their dock manager to leave the lagoon and anchor outside the reef...
I assured him that I had asked for permission to anchor where I had - to be clear I was the ONLY vessel anchored in the lagoon, and there was a good 50-100 ft of clear space ahead of me for vessels to pass - and I went about settling in. He grumpily went about his business muttering about needing a clear channel!
I think the resort has only been open for a few weeks so I assume this is some simple customer service teething trouble. I hope that others will make use of this as an anchorage. We plan to use the bar tonight for some sundown cocktails - the place looks beautiful, and the anchorage is boatyball free (!) and well sheltered.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 88
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 88 |
Are there any mooring balls at all?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 136
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 136 |
No... just room for anchoring. Very well protected.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|