Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,075
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
erb923 24
mahokid 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Colour1
Colour1
Westchester /NYC
Posts: 2,534
Joined: July 2011
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
9 members (WWII, ib4ut1, Compskier, 706jim, rpotter28, 4 invisible), 479 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#217095 02/09/2020 05:04 PM
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 136
M
mcevog Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
M
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 136
Anchored here for the night, inside the reef and in a pleasant and sheltered lagoon. I was careful to ensure that I was OK to do this by emailing the Little Dix resort concierge service ahead of time, and received a welcoming reply. Having said all that no sooner had I dropped the hook, careful to leave enough space for passing boats to get from the marked entrance to the resort dock, I was told in no uncertain terms by their dock manager to leave the lagoon and anchor outside the reef...

I assured him that I had asked for permission to anchor where I had - to be clear I was the ONLY vessel anchored in the lagoon, and there was a good 50-100 ft of clear space ahead of me for vessels to pass - and I went about settling in. He grumpily went about his business muttering about needing a clear channel!

I think the resort has only been open for a few weeks so I assume this is some simple customer service teething trouble. I hope that others will make use of this as an anchorage. We plan to use the bar tonight for some sundown cocktails - the place looks beautiful, and the anchorage is boatyball free (!) and well sheltered.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 88
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 88
Are there any mooring balls at all?

Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 136
M
mcevog Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
M
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 136
No... just room for anchoring. Very well protected.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5