|
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,006
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Manpot
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Posts: 17,513
Joined: May 2002
|
|
|
13 members (DougK37614, ncboater, Rumlover, Pltraveler, S/Y Mockingbird, Kennys, lbksxm, Dan&Roxanne, Zanshin, SXMScubaman, RatmansWife, Two2go, 1 invisible),
386
guests, and
68
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 537
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 537 |
Ok, most people say the perfect pain killer uses Pussers Rum. When not available what is YOUR second choice????
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457 Likes: 2 |
Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth. Diane
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,861
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,861 |
Cruzan has a few that will work. Sailor Jerry isn't too bad either.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,003 |
50% Gosling Dark, 50% Cruzan 151
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 3,359 |
Pretty much anything OTHER than Pusser's. I can't stand that rum (or the restaurants).
I typically grab the Cruzan dark or Meyers.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 23
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 23 |
I guess it’s a case of “different strokes”, but my wife and I love Pussers’ restaurants. I’m hooked on their chicken roti. Hard to replace Pussers rum in a painkiller, but in a pinch, we use Cruzan Amber.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922 |
I'm with Jason on the Cruzan dark or Myers. In my opinion Pusser's rum is awful. YMMV
[color:"red"] FRAN[/color] "Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 150
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 150 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 267
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 267 |
It's all about the Cruzan
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6 |
Myers dark with a touch of vanilla rum to crossover a little to a nilla killer...not as much a Pussers fan
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 57
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 57 |
Made these last night with Meyers Dark (cause that's what we had) - they were excellent along with some jerked turkey thighs and rice and peas. We were supposed to be in VG right now. Did what I could
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 234
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 234 |
Goslings is what we have in the house now and has worked nicely with the pitcher we have in the fridge. Sometimes with a Myers Dark "floater". Have used Bacardi dark. Apparently I'm not a rum connoisseur. More like a "whatever I got" sort of guy.
S/V Tortuga Lagoon 46
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 92
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 92 |
Has anyone tried Bumbu, it's quite amazing, I am now slightly addicted.
|
|
|
|
|