Our goal for the first few days on St. Martin is to decompress and do as little as possible. Since we are at a wonderful location at Club O, that means to never get in our car and leave the resort. We didn’t.

Now it’s time to pack, get dressed and leave for our Timeshare at Pelican.

Saturday was a day of total relaxation. We had breakfast at Papagayo. The service this time was less than stellar. On Friday we had a waitperson who was courteous and very attentive. On Saturday, we had a different person and she was not at all so. The meal was still good.

From Papagayo’s it was back to the beach and grab our towels and head for our chairs near the Perch. We read a book and only got out of the beach chair to move with the shade and go to The Perch for Happy Hour, lunch, and an afternoon Diet Coke. It was a beautiful, sunny day on the beach with a light breeze that was just a little more brisk than we like but certainly not a sand blaster.

We really like the ribs and Chicken Filet lunches at The Perch. They are not expensive and quite large and filling.

When the sun began to get low in the sky we had a brief shower but we had already returned to our room. It was Prime Rib night at Papagayo. Gretchen had Shrimp and I had the Prime Rib. Both were quite good and very generous in portions. I was totally stuffed. The Prime Rib is really a Rib Steak cooked on the grill but it must have been a 16 oz bone in cut. Our server was the same young man we had on Friday morning and service was quite good.

It was such a tiring day that I went to bed early while Gretchen stayed up reading. I didn’t even turn on the computer.

Today we slept in and repacked what little we took out of our suitcases and will soon be heading for the Dutch side and Pelican resort.

I don’t know how Internet Access will be there, but it has sure been convenient here.

Have a great 4th of July