` This was my first time flying direct from Boston to STT.,and I did
not miss San Juan airport...also, I did only carry-on....packing creatively and
efficiently.....but I was able to move quickly and arrive at the Petite pump
Room without delay...I had read so many favorable reviews, and was not
disappointed...after a couple of beers, I was enjoying the top deck of the
ferry,clear skies, and a ride to West End...I found the agents to be pleasant
and good humored....After a short cab ride, admiring my favorite scenery...I
arrived for my first stay at Mongoose Apartments, which is located in a private
and peaceful alcove- a short walk to the beach...It was a clean 1 bdrm apartment
on the 3rd(top) floor...with cathedral ceilings, a fully equipt kitchen, and a
"much appreciated" air conditioner in the bedroom...there was also a tv, which I
could care less about...Actually, cleanliness, air conditioning, and a coffee
maker are my top priorities on CGB....Hosts, Sandra and
Elroy were friendly and helpful....they kept beach chairs and floats on a
peaceful location of the beach....somewhat apart from the [censored]..Of my four
visits, the surf/undertow was the strongest on this trip...I lost my Red Sox cap
and sun glasses to the waves..During this visit, I spent time hanging out,
swiming at the beach with ttol lurkers and yearly Mongoose guests, Bob and
Sharon...I made my first visit with them to Brewers Bay, where we enjoyed the
best cheeseburgers and vey strong pina coladas...My surprise was that Nicole was
a Nicholas! (I did get a couple of pics).... When staying at CGB, I always enjoy
hanging out with old and new friends at Quito's...this trip was somewhat
different, and I was somewhat a slug and didn't hang at night like I usually
do...to bed by 11, up early in the a.m.....I did meet Manpot, Candace, and their
friends from W. Palm Beach(Donna?...I'm not great with names)...Malcom seemed to
have 'unending'energy...It was a pleasure to meet him...Also,
spen time at one of my favorite happy hours-Kapeye at Myett's...with the
International Rhythm Section, and, yeh, Malcom is a charter member...everybody
really rocks out with the whole vibe....I had my most delicious meal in Tortola
at Sebastion's. on Saturday,Feb. 24..was quite surprised at how tender and tasty the prime rib was,
and that complimentary sweet shot of rum was the best...I had a wonderful
dessert, but can't remember what??!...you know, after rum punch, a couple of
rounds of Yaegar Meisters(sp?) at Quito's, a few glasses of wine with dinner,
it's just difficult to remember too many details....when, Sharen and Bob dined
at Sebastion's, they also raved about the filet mignon....the best they ever
had.....Truthfully, my time at CGB was much too short-Feb22-Feb26, next visit
will have to be extended!!.....On Monday the 26th, before I boarded the
afternoon ferry to Anegada, i decided to do lunch at Spaghetti Junction, after
all the positive stuff that I've read. I dined on great local fare-c
urried goat stew, salad, yummy rice, and potato salad, less than $15...I had the
best frozen drink that I've ever had-the BBK!-banana rum,Bailey's, Kahlua!.....On the Anegada ferry I shared the upper deck with Rich and Karen(from NY state),a friendly couple I met last year at Neptune's bar....Arriving at Neptune's is like visiting my favorite cousins...that's how comfortable everyone makes me feel....Within a short time I was meeting and hanging out with JD and Judy...drinks, and dinners shared with them, Vernon, Linda, Happy and Jim...even a birthday cake Judy purchased at Dotsie's...also, hoping for some catch forJD's fishing from Neptune....with his success on a fishing excursion wih Alex...Life is good...what could be better than hanging out at Cow Wreck...drinking Limon infused Caribes...eating coconut bread(not a sweet bread), guava pie...cat-napping, swiming in the calm blue water...clear skies, with the exception of a 5 minute squall, also, hanging out on the beach with taraposa and her friend,Tara-( the two moms on vacation from motherhood), sharing CGB gossip with the two ...At this point of my trip,Tuesday nite into Wednesday, I got that nasty stomach bug.By Wednesday evening I started feeling better...on Thursday night, attempting the sad packing situation, my duffle started falling apart...Now, where else, but at Neptune's, would Randy offer a suitcase, to the rescue..Friday morn was a time for sad good byes... frown The trip home is always difficult for me...and, frankly, the route through STT. to Boston was no better...Yeh, I had a late 4:45 departure...but the timing of the ferries did not allow me more time on the BVI... St. Thomas is just too hectic, sirens, and crazy traffic, myriads of lines at the ferry and the airport....and a very turbulent plane ride home, the entire ride..AND, I had to check this suitcase... One major joy about my return is the birth of my new grand daughter, Alexandra, on February 9th....6 weeks ealy....Right now she is a healthy 7lbs 12ounces!!!...I still have dif and I'm always trying to "concoct" an extra trip to paradise in 2007....we'll see.....(.I have some pics to post....) ...