We flew continental from west palm beach to Treasure Cay. A small plane but a short trip at low altitude so we could see many islands along the way. It’s amazing how big the Bahamas is (are?). The landing strip looked in need of resurfacing, but all went well. We then piled in to a ramshackle taxi for the short trip to the ferry dock, where my stepson was waiting for us (his wife and 2 small children, my husband and me) in a small boat. We crossed the Abaco sound to Green turtle cay, where we stayed in a house that is only accessible by water (no road). My stepson had arrived a few days earlier by boat, so he had brought most of our food supplies for the week. Nearly every day we took an excursion and had lunch at a restaurant. The first day was to a gorgeous beach on the other side of Green Turtle – no one there but us, a curve of white powder strewn with beautiful small shells. The down side is no beach bar, and bring your own shade. The Bahamas is not strictly speaking the Caribbean, but this beach is what I imagine much of the Caribbean used to be. We motored over to a restaurant near the town called Pineapples. A bit run-down, the food was OK. The next day we went 2 islands over to Guana Cay. This was more of a manicured island, with American style developments, but on a small scale – looked like mostly single family homes. We rented a golf cart and explored some of the island. Ate lunch at a place called (I think) Grabbers. Pretty good food and a nice atmosphere. The following day we boated a few islands further to Elbow Cay and stopped in a very cute town called Hopetown. It has a lighthouse, which is often in photos and a lovely small harbor. From the water it appeared the whole town was having lunch in one place, so after docking we headed there: Harbor’s Edge. Food just OK, but everyone having a good time. The next day we were too tired to leave the house, but it was nice watching boats going back and forth in front of us and fishing off the dock. The final day we went to the Green Turtle Club for breakfast – quite good and reasonable which I did not expect. We made arrangements to be picked up by the water taxi for the trip back to Treasure Cay and again had an uneventful trip back to PBI. All in all, a lovely, largely unspoiled part of the world, but not much to do other than water-related activities.