March 4th to 9th

Beachside Villas – We love this place. It is not exactly in the location where we should be staying, considering we spend much more time in Simpson Bay on our visits, but we love having the ocean at our door and peace and quiet. The manager and owners are excellent.

Car Rental – Kenny’s – EASY. We had no problems at all and were on the road about 10 minutes after we got our luggage.

Cell Phone Rental – Sharon. Never have a problem renting from Sharon and this year was able to get the phone delivered by Kenny’s Car Rental, so it took an extra step away, which is great when you are anxious to just get your vacation started.

Food – We didn’t have a bad meal. Uncle Harry’s, Pineapple Pete’s, Bajatzu, Boathouse, Driftwood (pizza) and Sunset Bar & Grill. Everyone is right, the steaks at both Uncle Harry’s and Bajatzu are excellent…I still can’t decide which I liked better. Although I thought the service was better at Bajatzu. Two totally different restaurants, but both have their own good atmosphere and GREAT steaks. My friend was dying over the Lobster Thermidor at Pineapple Pete’s…it was huge!

This was our 5th Heineken Regatta. We were really lazy on this trip, so not much to report as far as activities or excursions. We just enjoyed the beach during the day and spent the nights enjoying way too many cocktails bar hopping in Simpson Bay and The Red Piano of course. Only went to the final concert this year, skipped the other events. I was kind of surprised – it seemed really low-key and the parking and traffic didn’t seem as bad as normal. Sign of the times I suppose.

We met a lot of friends, many people from TTOL. It was so nice meeting many of you, thanks for coming over, introducing yourself and saying Hello. Special thanks to Andrea (and Kevin) for giving us a tour of her cottages, the BBC and cold beer! Had a great time…can’t wait to see everyone next year!

Heineken Regatta Photoshow