Member Spotlight
joe9090
joe9090
new jersey
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
8 registered members (BillR, JeanneB, MrEZgoin, jrw, George1234, 3 invisible), 665 guests, and 72 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
20 minutes ago
I think you will do a lot more motoring going clockwise in a sailing cat.
2 69 Read More
British Virgin Islands
23 minutes ago
Against the law... what does that even mean anymore?

We've only brought food once and were prepared to pay a duty if requested.
We declared the contents and it's up to customs to exact a fee, which they did not.

My conscience is clear.
10 810 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
So you are saying it’s against the law but people do it anyway and get away with it?
10 810 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
7 hours ago
After making a post about Desert Sun and touching on lifestyle things versus nudists things I went to BN site. They used to have Big Nude Boat, some Mediterranean, and a Paul Gauguin cruise. The PG cruise was pretty pricey but the others could be rationalized. Now they have the BNB 2025 which is not cheap on Norwegian but the only other offering is an Australian origin to Caledonia and Vanuatu that the cheapest thing available will set a couple back $33,500 for two weeks, others are 48,000 or more for two weeks. Seems like they have really lost their focus on the old nudist,
0 20 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
I don't have the name of the person I originally booked with. Maybe it's on an email I got when I booked I guess.

Maybe it's just me but I don't want to have to find the exact person I happened to talk to on some call. I'm calling THE MOORINGS. If Joe Blow has left the company or is on vacay, I don't want to/shouldn't need to try and track him down. I should be able to call into the number on the web site and get service on my account.

Email seems a little better I'm finding. Still not really pleased.
15 1,015 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
7 hours ago
Never would have thought the lifestylers would overtake the pure naturists venues. The Caliente’s always looked desperate to pay the bills compared to well run Cypress Cove. But Bliss Cruises are selling out bigger ships than Bare Necessities ever has. Mariner of the Seas is sold out for next week as is November Symphony of the Seas with 6000 passengers. Bliss has their April 2026 boat announced before their April 2024 has sailed. BN sailed Feb 2024 and hasn’t announced a 2026 sailing yet. Bliss does two a year and BN does one. Looks like the Lifestyle nude cruises are beating the Nudist nude cruises. In addition, Desire, Temptation, and LLV are running lifestyle cruises that are perpetually sold out around the globe. Not to mention Richard Branson’s Virgin running topless cruises with a lot of pineapple overtones.
19 4,174 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
I know we were there but it looked fancy enough that we felt out of place.
17 1,316 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Big thing for us at Divi is turning in and out of it. Always feels like a death defying maneuver. Especially after a night doing other things.
30 1,792 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Taking from another current thread, "Sh*t Happens".
24 2,182 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
Im a free market type, but Im kind of tired of the ultrabucks being able to swoop up paradise and drive up prices for the average local. Happening SXM and everywhere.
24 2,182 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
As someone who is probably close to your parents/in-laws in age, but has been sailing in the BVIs for 55 years, here are my thoughts. Tough to take a pass on the Baths and dinner at Coco Maya and maybe lunch at Hog Heaven. Also like dinner at Saba Rock with a side trip to BEYC. Entertainment at Leverick? If you book enough in advance, try a tour with Gumption. Would prefer Anegada to CGB. Rent a car from Dean Wheatley. But you know them better than I do.
2 69 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
9 hours ago
Thanks for the update

I love this thread!!!!!!!!

Got to get some friends to the airport tomorrow.
24 2,182 Read More
British Virgin Islands
10 hours ago
Yes her salads are fabulous, and we do tip well! Such a treat!
10 434 Read More
British Virgin Islands
10 hours ago
Hello!
I’m doing back-to-back 5-night trips this June - I’ve chartered an Elba 45 for 10 days to have my parents, and in-laws (I know…it’ll be fine) for 5 days, THEN have some friends for 5 days.
I’m used to a standard 7-day counter clockwise itinerary, with maybe an Anegada excursion, but I’m thinking this time, since we’re a little shorter on time, and our septuagenerian parents aren’t avid sailors, we’d try to keep the distances (and total trip time) shorter, and maybe skip some things, then see some of the more adventurous stuff with our friends in the second half. (I can’t see my mom swimming into or hiking through the baths rocks, for example)
What do the BVI gurus think of a Clockwise float - being that the winds clock around to south of east generally in June, the longer days would be down wind/swell, I feel like it could be pretty comfortable, no??
So 5 nights out of Road Town -
1. Norman/Peter isl. (I doubt our parents will jump off the Willy T, but I’ll post videos if they do!)
2. JVD (soggy dollar, sandy spit)
3.CGB (for an easy beach day, and maybe tour the rum distillery)
4. NE Tortola - Marina cay, trellis, etc…or even scrub resort for docks/showers
5. Cooper/Peter’s great harbour (either a nice dinner at the beach club, or the Oceans 7 for a last night aboard)
Roadtown.
Whatcha think??
2 69 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
Thanks for bringing this back up, as I had forgotten about it. Hope you are able to get out ok.

Would love to hear about your vacation overall.
24 2,182 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
The demonstration is on for tomorrow. Access in and out of Orient Village will be blocked at both access locations starting at 9:00am until 12 noon. Hope I can get out at 8:30 and go sit somewhere to kill time before check in for a 2:20pm flight.
24 2,182 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
😂
4 364 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Cat 6+ Sh&%ty
4 364 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:10 PM
>Were we married once”?<<
Heard it was the famous “Kennedy Steve” at KJFK
13 551 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Like businesses all over the world there are fewer people in actual offices anymore. Remote work and technology allows phones to be answered all over the world. Upcoming charter I have with Sunsail in Greece, I have spoken to more people in the UK than in Clearwater.

I just read a story that federal office buildings in Washington are now 12 to 25% occupied. New York city Office occupancy is still less than 50%
15 1,015 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
As near as I could figure, Dominicans living illegally in the USVI couldn't visit the DR because they would have to fly through US territory to do so and they lacked documentation. But if they worked their way to the BVI, they could board InterCaribbean for the DR. Not sure how that worked in reverse, but perhaps they could get a BVI visa then disappear.
19 1,440 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:54 PM
We saw night runs into Francis when we were moored there last year - no lights. And discarded PFDs in the bushes…..
19 1,440 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Smugglers is redlined by just about every charter company- just FYI for you non-owners.
10 434 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:48 PM
I would encourage all those going to Patricia's to try her potato salad..and tip well! Her prices for everything are so reasonable that we'd all love to see her survive..and thrive ( and Nigel,at times, does not make their life easy!).BTW her husband's name is Bush and he's usually the smiling, talented chef..
10 434 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:37 PM
I had my dinghy stolen at the West End a couple of years ago. The police were, quite obviously, not interested in filing a report and did their best to dissuade me from doing so (because an official report goes into the official statistics). The general opinion then was a "quick" drug run to the USVI; the outboard only had a 9.8HP outboard which doesn't have a huge resale value and the Carib dinghy has little value on the black market. The police hinted that my line had chafed through or I'd not tied it correctly...
[Linked Image]
19 1,440 Read More
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 83 84