Does anyone think that the Ministry of Tourism has a clue as to what's going on? Has anyone taken notice that the Cruise Ship traffic has dropped dramatically? It may be a blessing for those staying on Island for their vacation but it has to hurt the local businesses and anyone who works for them.

Without ships in port the number of people employed will go down. If the number of people employed drops I fear there will be more people with time on their hands and not enough money. That can lead to more crime. More crime will lead to people who read these blogs discovering that their relatively safe Island vacation is no longer as safe. People like Wendell, long time visitors, will stop coming. And then the snowball down hill effect/affect (I never really know) will be out of control.

We are going the last week of July and I know that if we feel uncomfortable in any way, it will be our last visit. As I stated earlier, the freedom to explore Sint Maartem/St. Martin, with it's beautiful beaches and many restaurants, is the attraction. There are many Islands in the chain. We happen to have fallen for SXM first and hardest. Breaking up is hard to do, but I will do it.

As always, JMHO

Rick and Grace