I am going to be in St. Thomas next month for a family reunion, staying at Bluebeard's Beach Club (east of Charlotte Amalie). With lodging and a jeep rental all squared away (and a plan to take the ferry to JVD one day), I could use some practical guidance on our visit. In particular:

- Is there a well-stocked supermarket between the airport and Bluebeard's that we could stop at to pick up essentials before arriving at our hotel?

- Likewise, in case someone didn't understand that "essentials" includes RUM, a liquor store?

- Is there a good/better grocery store that isn't necessarily between the airport and Bluebeard's? We'll be in STT for Thanksgiving, and are NOT doing Thanksgiving dinner (the cooking facilities are too rudimentary to attempt that!), but it would be nice to pick up gourmet goodies for a planned "small plates" kind of dinner that we are planning for the holiday.

- Generally speaking, I like fish shacks and sandy beach bars for meals and entertainment. Any suggestions? (We have planned a single group meal at Hook, Line and Sinker, so we are not looking for spots that can accommodate a large group.)

- Favorite off-the-beaten-path beaches?

That should keep us busy! Looking forward to your sage advice. Thanks in advance.

I've got a Caribbean Soul I can barely control... (JB)