I will second Deepcut's comments concerning TMM Yacht Charters. I've been chartering in the BVI for 20 years. I've used the Moorings and been happy. I have found the Mooring's boats to be generally well maintained. However, I always thought TMM's boats were the best maintained to my eye.

Almost 3 years ago my wife and I took our first non-sailing trip to the BVI. We were shopping for used catamarans. That was our top priority, but we were also considering buying new and placing a boat in charter. Our goal is to live aboard in a few years. We scheduled visits with 9 of the charter companies operating in the BVI. Prior to our trip an acquaintance from St. Thomas who has been in the monohull charter business for 42 years tried to talk us out of a catamaran. When I told him we were definitely going with a catamaran he told me to go see Barney at TMM. They had been direct competitors for many years but he told me if I was going to buy a used cat or put a new cat in charter that Barney and TMM maintained their boats far better than anyone in the business.

We visited the other 8 charter companies in May, 2016. We were impressed by only two of the first 8 we visited. We intentionally scheduled our TMM visit for last to have the best comparison. Most of our visits were a couple of hours and very rush-rush by the charter companies. We were at TMM for nearly 4 hours one day and almost 3 the next day. TMM showed us every aspect of their operation, and not only did TMM not rush us around, we were invited back the next day because several boats were returning from charters and we could see how they handled quick turnarounds. We were sold (literally) and ordered a Lagoon 42, which entered the fleet just in time to be destroyed by Irma.

Our new Lagoon 42, Ocean Song, is now in the TMM fleet. I've literally walked onboard 90% of TMM's fleet and the boats are extremely well-maintained. TMM has a much more "hands on" approach than any of the companies (including The Moorings) we visited or have chartered with previously. TMM has a very high rate of return charterers. Give TMM a look and I think you'll like what you see.