you could debate tipping all day; in the UK where I live it's become the norm to add a 12.5% 'discretionary' service charge, & if you didn't like the service it's ok to reduce it or not pay it at all; I've lived in all sorts of places, in Portugal tipping isn't expected at all, the locals don't pay it, tourists often do & it's accepted; I lived in NYC for a while back in the day, the guideline then was to tip double the tax and you got chased down the street if you didn't leave that; I was golfing in Kiawah Island once, I walked in for the hotel breakfast & a waiter asked me to sign the check, I was like 'what are you talking about? I haven't even sat down yet!'
is there 'service' in the BVI or the Caribbean in general? depends what you mean, half the trouble is folk expect it to be what it is 'at home', and probably it's going to fall short in most instances.
so we all pitch up, expect to pay $100 a head if we're talking lobster for instance & that's ok, Potters for instance sometimes serve 150 people in a sitting, do the math on that one. but I guess tonight they will sell none, and that's the way for the next few months so I'm hoping they all keep well cos there's no income for a while in the whole trade globally.