Originally Posted by jazzgal
Originally Posted by Newt
Like Pat above our AA flight from CLT to SXP on 4/9 was cancelled by AA. We never did receive an email notification, and when I checked trip details the trip no longer showed up in my account. I have a CLT to Seattle flight on AA 4/29, that still shows up since not yet cancelled by AA. I called AA this morning at 7:10am EST, got through in about 3 minutes. To get a refund you will need your ticket number(s) (each party has a separate ticket number). Pretty simple process (remember this is for flights that AA has cancelled):

1) go to www.refund.aa.com
2) type in ticket number and last name
3) the next screen will confirm your qualification for a refund, BE CAREFUL HERE as someone stated previously, AA automatically checks the box that you are accepting the voucher for your full cost to be used in the future subject to blah, blah, blah. INSTEAD, check the "Decline tell me about other refund options." Even if you want a voucher instead of a refund, CHECK THIS DECLINE BOX (you'll see, wait for it...) Hit continue.
4) the new pop up screen then will offer you an extra 20% on your total if you accept the voucher, meaning if your original cost was $1,000, your voucher will be for $1,200.
5) if you still don't want the voucher then decline it and AA will process your refund, mine back to my credit card.

It only took about 5 minutes for my ticket, and less than 2 minutes for my wife since I knew the process. Print your confirmations, and you're done. Hope that helps.

Hmmm - www.refund.aa.com "can't be reached."

Try again, Linda! I was able to connect today and request a refund for the domestic flights we canceled earlier this month. Not sure it it will work, but I have nothing to lose.