Good Post Pat,

Given this a lot of thought. Provided that we give it a few months of SXM being open to ascertain how things are improving or not and that stores and restaurants are open again and provided we take precautions, wearing masks when appropriate, not going to crowded places etc... I see no reason why we should miss out if healthy able and willing. I have a feeling that Airports will be less crowded than normal, planes will have safety factors in place as in plexi glass between passengers with some seats removed and TSA hopefully will monitor health testing procedures. Lots of hurdles, without a doubt. Why bother you say? Could be another suggested mass breakout of Covid-19 in the fall?
Ok, stay at home, and wait and wait and rot and not go out for another 6 months and then go to a food store and some idiot coughs and you get it. if, If, if. It may never happen, or you might get ill, or flu, or in my wife’s case lose most of her sight.
Getting old now and provided as I say they open up, try sensibly to control matters, might as well take a calculated risk and enjoy what we can where we can and it would be SXM and Anguilla plus London which we cancelled this coming June and that is far more daunting for obvious reasons but considering we rent a villa in St. Martin and see nobody, and basically go to restaurants(always eat outside)and normally pick our favs anyway, do little food shopping as mostly eat out, and hand pick the beaches as we all do, we can cut down the risk factor. The most people will be at the Airports, that’s our main concern, nothing else.
Life is just too short and I always say it may never happen unless you make it happen. Reckless, maybe..who knows?

Last edited by ruralcarrier; 04/25/2020 01:17 PM.