Originally Posted by calsail
Damn. You are right. Now you are going to cost me hours of research to find the real name of that hurricane and the year. The name David was retired after his devastation in 1979. My clues for research are: We were sailing the Patouche catamaran CJ with young boatman and skipper Jason. We left a mooring at Saba Rock at 5 PM when told we would have to drop off if wind exceeded 40 kts.During the night. We were sitting at BEYC watchIng it’s approach on TV. We sailed back to Wickhams Cay 1 and docked at Spaghetti Junction. SJ had already moved to the Cay. The storm then passed 25 miles north dropping only rain. My research begins. Jason is married with children in England ( to a Dr he met at Peebles doing her internship from UK) Joe Standish is still the owner at Patouche. Spaghetti Junction has since closed. Terry and my minds have severe malfunctions in memory. Sail444 thanks for the challenge. God knows I have the time. LMAO.

You may be thinking of Omar in October 2008. We were down for that one. Missed the Virgins for the most part.