I'll admit, I'm only a novice credit card captain. The definition of 'passage' in my mind is departing point 'A' and headed to 'point 'B. I'm not sure I understand how leaving St. Thomas and headed to St. Francis Bay would typically include a 'fly by' of the Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke. It sounds more like a pleasure sail in the waters of a foreign country with no intent of actually stopping. I would agree the consequences seem very steep for conduct that was previously condoned, although a tough time to 'assume' anything in respect to the possibility of new restrictions in the territorial waters of any Caribbean country due to Covid-19. I am sorry and sympathize with the crews of both boats, although it has certainly sent a very publicized message to anyone thinking of innocently sailing into foreign waters until this virus is behind us. Just my personal comment, I'm not a source of knowledge or authority of anything.

Noel Hall
"It is humbling indeed, to discover my own opinion is only correct less than 50% of the time."

www.noelhall.com