Just seconding what many people have said here, and I consider myself fortunate. I live in an area where it is relatively easy for me to get an approved covid test within the 5 day period (for now, the wait times are creeping back up). I came down with my kiddo, my brother and his family and we stayed at Happy Bay Villa over thanksgiving. My parents and sister (who is staying with them for the winter from her home in Italy) came and spent their days with us because we could be outside all day and not inside an enclosed space.

But I traveled without my husband, because he would have had to take an additional 2 weeks off and quarantine before being allowed back to work, and he couldn't do that. Many other people face similar obstacles.

I am hoping to come back next year a few times and spend more time with my parents. Maybe even be able to hug them once a vaccine is available lol. All of this is so hard, and it makes me so sad to see the island so slow. But for those on the fence about traveling, not because of logistical or health reasons, but because you're not sure what to expect - I think you can expect the same wonderful island, just without as many people.