I just canceled my 10 day February charter in BVI which will end my family’s decade-long streak of annual BVI/Grenadines bareboat sailing charters. I cannot imagine exposing my family to the risk of BVI bureaucrats with power to put us in quarantine based on the results of rapid tests which are known to be unreliable. A family of 6 multiplied by multiple rounds of rapid testing puts the odds in favor of someone getting a false positive result requiring a protracted quarantine- horrendous. In addition to the foregoing risks, even with negative results from PCR tests supplemented by negative results from rapid tests, the the mandatory 4 day quarantine, tracing and added hassle and expense makes it all just very silly if not ridiculous... to say nothing of the unprotected anchorages at which healthy people are required to stay if they are quarantining onboard for the mandatory 4 days.

This is a classic example of a problem PLUS government incompetence EQUALLING a hot mess. The BVI just lost $25,000 in tourism.... which will instead be spent a mile away on St. John from a rented villa which ironically overlooks the SFDC we will not be visiting. What a silly shame.