A few additional thoughts.

Re lobsters at Lee’s - I get it. Lobsters are an expensive commodity and have to be fresh. The evening we were there the house was far from packed but they did say to come back on Friday and they would definitely have them so it seems like perhaps they are doing minimal orders during these uncertain times. If you’re on the island and craving Lee’s garlic basted lobster it might pay to call ahead and ask about the availability factor.

Re Miami and the issues we had there - in honesty they were minimal but we expected better service. We had requested wheel chair service and were told it would be there waiting for us. Instead we waited for almost a full half hour - I guess it was a very busy night. The young woman who finally arrived with our chariot seemed to know virtually everyone in the airport and stopped to chat with many of them eating up more of our time. We have Global Entry so you’d think that would have helped speed up the process but it didn’t help at all. Before we got to the baggage claim she stopped to help a non-English speaking family locate and understand where they were to go next which was nice of her...... and lastly, transitioning from terminal to terminal we got parked and had to wait for a motorized cart to take us the rest of the way resulting in more lost time. I’m one of those people who would rather be a half hour early than five minutes late so it was the time wasted that upset me. Bottom line, we got there in time and thanked and tipped the young woman accordingly but I was worried about possibly missing our flight.

Re the reopening of the island to cruise ships, it would be a boon to all the islands businesses for this to happen but they will do what they will do. We spoke with many islanders who are still skeptical and still refusing to get the vaccine so I understand the concern of the island government but I do think they will soon realize there has to be a better way to bring the people back to SXM.
If I were King .....😊😊....... I would do away with testing for those who have received their vaccinations and can show proof to that effect and allow them freer access on both ends of their trip but many will argue that approach has its own risks, too. The stress factor in getting everything done on time snd submitted appropriately is very high and I’m one who has had issues on each end of my two trips since these requirements have been in place.

And lastly, Wingman and Carol, your trips soon come and if they are half as enjoyable as ours were, you will all be happy campers. Enjoy your island time.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."