Great report as per usual Pat! We've already booked our Nov/Dec flights, and in regard to your comments about MIA we couldn't agree with you more. I just paid nearly $100 more per ticket to transit thru CLT to avoid another trip thru MIA this time. Between the time it takes to clear immigration and the haul from the arrival gate, we've had enough. They have that Skytrain, and that really saves some time..but it wasn't running in either December or for our latest trip in early April.

We absolutely love the Spaghetti House too! We also made the trip over to check out Meza Luna, and like you also found it quite good. We had plated meals, and our friends had the pizza and everything was great. Sale & Pepe for Easter Dinner was excellent, as was Emilio's. We ventured into Maho our arrival evening, and I must say 3 Amigos was much better than we remembered. Great tacos, and it fixed our craving for Taco Macho. That said..our perception of the food at Karakter is that it has slipped a bit...both the quality and the prep. It's a nice walk from the BSV for lunch, and we only did it twice in our 12 days which is far from the norm for us due to our disappointment with the food.

I lucked into some great fares for our next trip..good timing I reckon, because they were already gone the next day when our friends checked for themselves. AA is very high out of DTW right now, and Delta is flat absurd. Our friends are leaning towards booking United out of Cleveland to save over $1000.

Cheers!

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." ~ John F. Kennedy