We also have enjoyed the last night before closing for the season.
Talk of the still has the party but I don't think the drinks are free anymore.
The locals especially the kids sure come out of the woodwork for this party.
It sure is fun to meet the locals and such a great mix of people.

While SXM has provided so many great memories ours is a bit different.
By the grace of God we were able to escape the island the day of Irma.
So many things lined up and we were able to secure 2 seats on one of the last flights out that were completely unavailable for the entire week.
First was the car that blocked the sidewalk and forced us to pass through the lobby of La Terasse where I noticed a sign declaring a flight change
Next our hotel employee who questioned why my wife was on the phone so long and crying (she couldn't get through to the airline) and then provided a direct international number where she got through.
Lastly the airline service who at first denied a flight change because we were more than 7 days out and then changed her mind once she knew a category five was going to hit the island.
Apparently 2 girls who did not speak good English never confirmed their seats and the airline opened up the seats. They were in front of us at the airport that day crying and didn't understand why they lost their seats
My wife would have been in a state of shock if we stayed and is claustrophobic and not sure she could have stayed in a bathroom for the time of the storm.
We had been to the airport for 5 straight days trying to get a flight to anywhere with 50 people in line at all times