I assume you eliminated Le Petit because it does not have a pool? As I assume you know, it is a sister resort for Esplanade and you can use the pool at Esplanade if you're staying at Le Petit. Le Petit and Esplanade historically are ranked at the top of hotels in St. Martin, other than La Samanna. If it was me, I'd pick Grand Case Beach Club, because it is on the water. We've never stayed at either but have toured them and I don't remember seeing that many steps at Esplanade, although it was a while ago we were there. GCBC also of course has a restaurant on premises, which Esplanade does not have, and a darn fine one too. If I were going with GCBC, I would ensure that I was in a waterfront unit.

Just to confuse things, it is not Grand Case, but on Orient, but Orient Beach Hotel has been getting get reviews also. I would put that into the mix.

We stayed at LaPlantation a couple of times, and I would say that I personally would pick any of the others before Plantation. Most of the units there have very little view and many of them are quite a hike up the hill from the water. Plantation has it's own restaurant, but otherwise, it's a bit of a walk to any other restaurants, other than L'Astrolabe.

Carol Hill