Originally Posted by jmbcomms
Sorry, but our experiences there and the experience of thousands of others is the complete opposite of your report. As a travel writer working for major global travel organizations for a number of years, I can tell you Mario's is one of the finest restaurants I've ever had the pleasure of dining at. Its service, food quality, originality, and creativity are phenomenal. We go there several times during each visit to SXM and for us and many, many others, it is a very special place.

Jeff,
I don’t write for anyone but myself and I surely don’t get paid in any manner to do so.
Our first trips to Mario’s were at the Sandy Ground location and were excellent, all. We took friends to his Puerto Cupecoy place and it was good. Not great but still very good.
Our only experience at the current location was not good at all. Not bad mind you, but certainly not the high end dining op we were anticipating. There were seven of us and it just wasn’t what we expected.
I’m not a foodie by any means but all of us left disappointed with the experience.Like I said, I don’t get paid for my opinions and based upon this it’s probably a good thing. To each his own…….and sincerely hoping, should we choose to return, Mario’s will be as we remembered from our earliest experiences..

Last edited by pat; 03/02/2024 01:22 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."