Originally Posted by Matagorda Dude
We have a 1-hour connection in Miami before landing on St. Thomas Friday. We then have a 3-hour gap to catch the ferry, then make way to Tortola. Our charter starts that next day, and we are off!

We have plenty of time to catch the ferry so I am not worried about that. Both of our flights are on American so if we miss the connection in Miami, I'm sure we can figure it out and be there in time for our charter the next day. My biggest concern is if our luggage misses the connection. Would American be responsible for tracking me down in BVI or would I have to go back?

Of course, this makes me want to just carry on and I know the drill about less clothes than you think you need. Hell, I could probably fit everything in a backpack, but I am the captain, and our crew likes lots of gear and toys (drone, flags, Christmas lights, lots of etc). I am most curious about how much hassle it could be tracking my bag down on St. Thomas if I have crossed over into BVI and possibly even started our charter.

I use Stanley from Love Cab as my driver on STT. If a bag doesn’t make it he handles it and gets it on the ferry to Tortola. I suspect other drivers people use do the same. Worth a few bucks more than the cab line at the airport.
Stanley
Ph:704 473 6344

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 04/03/2024 11:37 AM.