Re DYC size. I did know about DYC's world wide operations but did not know they are the second largest company in the BVI.

Just curious. What are you basing that on? The "size" definition as a criteria for selecting a charter company has the potential of being misleading.

From my perspective, I don't like the apparent chaos of the Moorings/Sunsail operation caused by the sheer volume of charterers on typical departure days. That may not be entirely fair as I've not chartered from them, just observed the operations a couple of times. I know there are posters here who either have boats on charter service with or just love their operation.

For me, I just like small. DYC lists 11 monos and 41 cats. Bigger than Horizon, probably about the same as BVIYC but not close to the combined fleet of Moorings/Sunsail. Not knocking either operation. In fact, Russell Bertrand, the Captain that accompanied us on our latest charter, likes Sunsail a lot but it's because of how they run their race fleet for the various big Regattas in the area. He did say that they do this very well suggests they do regular chartering well too and Beerme seems to think they do.