Coleen, you will indeed be able to roll your bags right from the hotel to the boat. It's really convenient.

This was my first charter with DYC. Bought owners time from a fellow who has his boat with them. I liked it. Marine Max and the Catamaran Company are also on the docks there.

Jean Oliver (JO) is the dock master. He's great. Very French. We had a few minor problems on day three of our recent 14d, brought the boat back and it was fixed in 2h. Hung out at the restaurant, checked email and had breakfast.

The administrative staff is welcoming and all of them are sweeties. They'll do anything for you, just ask. More sheets, or towels, another French Press ..... no problem.

Also, if you're bringing anything frozen check with them before 5p if you can when you arrive and ask if you can put your stuff in the boat's freezer. If the boat is on the dock, they are very accommodating.

I have my own check list which I ran through just before the check out. The dinghy was a little ruff. Got that replaced in a heart beat. Entire staff is very customer oriented and responsive. I left a $20 in the tip jar in the main office at the end of the charter. They were thrilled.

The fuel dock gets a little busy if you are returning on a Saturday/Sunday. My advice is to fuel up in Spanish Town or Soper's if either of those places work out for late stops on your itinerary. That way you avoid all that. It's also cheaper. Diesel is expensive at Hodges. Over $5 per if I remember correctly but don't quote me on that. Turning space is limited inside the channel and around the docks. With a lot of boats meandering waiting to fuel, it can get tricky. I'm not proud, I called JO entering the channel and asked him to bring the boat in. He was there in a flash. No stress to end a great 2w charter!

All around, great experience. Are you on a Cat or a Mono? Boat Name?

Last edited by jbuch02; 08/13/2015 04:55 PM.