We will be staying at Soggy Dollar / The Sandcastle in a few weeks...

First of all, thanks to everyone on TTOL. I'm new but have been following for a while. Your input has been amazing. Thank you!

Secondly, Mic, we wish you the best! We chose our upcoming BVI vacation in part due to your hospitality during a brief visit earlier this year. My hubby will miss your Bloody Mary! Best wishes to you and may you be blessed wherever your journey takes you!

Finally, we will report back from Soggy Dollar / Sandcastle when we return next month. We are trying to be positive and objective but a lot of changes have occurred since we booked our stay several months ago. We plan to still have fun. We know we will! smile

That said, we received an email from "management" last month that turned us off a bit. We booked our stay in the spring and recently received the "New Policy" email. It basically said no outside alcohol is allowed in the rooms if staying at Sandcastle. I get that but then I don't. I get that they don't want day-trippers bringing coolers onto the beach and hoarding chairs without contributing to sales.

On the flipside, we are paying a premium to stay onsite. We plan on enjoying a painkiller or two (or more! LOL!) daily AND we'll be eating there too. But we also might want a nightcap when the bar has closed. The email we received seemed kind of threatening. Why can't I keep a bottle of wine in my room or a few beers chilling? I've stayed at much more expensive properties that don't have this policy...

Undoubtedly the new policy was meant to help the staff but I can't imagine people staying on site being the "problem".

Again, We will report back. We are staying upbeat and positive but I couldn't help but share our recent experience with SDB/Sandcastle correspondence.

Happy thoughts!