Hmmm.......the base problem to my way of thinking is the "cargo cult" mentality that sees many people believe that any bar will make money even with crap service, crap management, crap facilities and expensive food and drink viz a viz cost of facilities, booze and labor.

It goes without the need for too much emphasis that Mikey is a great character and gave wonderful service to customers from far and wide and was very slick serving the drinks. These qualities are rare in the BVI. He will be missed make no mistake.

The owners Jerry & Tish really are not bar people well not Soggy Dollar Bar type bar people anyway. They would IMO be better suited to running an antique store in Maine.

The bathrooms are awful and the new management husband and wife team seem to think that they are running a place where you bring your kids.....wrong! Soggy is an adult bar with plenty of drinking and dare I say it raunchy behaviour by grown ups from time to time because of the sun, sand, liquor and more! They do after all advertise the place with stickers that you can buy in the shop that say "3.2 Painkillers to nude".

I see reference to B Line.....yep its a great little spot with a nice bit of sand but very basic facilities where again its obvious that the owners/managers think that if you build it people will come.......they won't come if the vibe is wrong, the service awry and the facilities not kept up. A rough shack, some corn hole boards, stinky basic bathrooms, some loud music and booze from a rough bar.........well maybe it passes the quaint test for some but not near to enough of those that visit the east end of Jost.

Its a curious thing the competition for the day boat, charter yacht and small cruise ship bar & restaurant trade on Jost van Dyke amongst the resident entrepreneurial types......I won't say more than WTF

There have been more staff than Mikey who have been dismissed, left or whatever.

Sure hope there is a think about how people deal with this as for many who work in the service side of these establishments its their daily bread particularly the lady employees.