Just back from 9th bareboat trip. 4 (including this one) with my 3 kids - the rest all adults.
First off, although I am a Sunsail owner, they had nothing (including mine) available so I used Moorings for the first time. I was expecting an upgrade but was disappointed to find that it was actaully below the Sunsail expereinces - whhich admittedly are middle of the pack. Just one of many examples is engine running a bit hot and I wanted to add some oil (breifing guy even suggested that I check oil level each day) only the boat did NOT have any?? How they could have a checkout without ensuring such an item is very troubling. Like I said many other issues (people were very nice admittedly). Anyway, all previous bareboats have been Lagoons. Although I am an mono guy most of the year, I love the flybridges on the 440s for charter fun and ease.
Day 1 - Norman: Been many years since I had been on Willie T (I know, I know but first night we usually want to party on our boat. Forgot just how much fun tthat place is and my kids (14, 11, 8) know know what a crotch shot is, that two women can kiss each other (ok they knew that but never saw it?), and that it is somehow desireable to get WT tatoos on your breasts (not them thankfully). Snorkeled caves and Indians.
Day 2 - Great Harbor for 3rd annual T-Day feast at Foxy's. Got there 2pm, all 10 new mooring balls taken. Thanks to couple met on WT night before for anchoring tip in southeastern bay (usually go to nortthwestern). Holding very good. Dinked to White bay for swimming and drinks at Ivans. Wind dying and getting hot and buggy - theme for rest of week.
Day 3 - North Sound - Saba Rock. I had been boycotting ever since they tore down Pirates Cove (first night of honeymoon 19 years ago). Well, pleasently surprised. Had nice meal. Also found out that BEYC has a pool despite being there like 4 times before. This was important with the kids and the heat b/c the Sound was FULL of really big Jellies.
Day 4 - Got off at 7:30 (wow) for Baths and got last ball at 9. It is really getting ridiculous. Still great of course and then over to Trellis for first time ever. Again, we like seclusion usually (Cam, Lee, Guana). Ate at Last Resort and again it was an awesome time. Dink to snorkel in front of Marina Cay was nice too.
Day 5 - Bay to Base and NY
Theme - 9 times and still lots to explore...