I can't hardly believe it, but my trip has come and gone already! I spent 10 days in Cane Garden Bay with my buddy Kim, and we had a BALL! I missed sailing a teeny tiny bit, but I have to tell ya that it was well worth hanging out on Tortola to catch up with all my friends, as well as new ones from here on TTOL...Not sure where to begin, and this could be WAY out of order, but who remembers everything that happens when you mix "island time" with GOBS of rum?!?!<br><br>We landed on July 19th to the new Beef Island Airport. Okay, so it looks really good, but why ohhhhh WHY must progress happen on my little paradise?! [Linked Image] We dropped our bags off at Rhymer's (Cane Garden Bay Beach Hotel, or whatever you prefer to call it) and headed straight to a jammin Friday night at Quito's, just 2 doors down. [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] Quito and The Edge were already in full swing and I threw myself onto the dancefloor instantly! (okay, I carefully stepped onto the dancefloor) SOOOOO good to see Quito, Pier, Jeffet, Karen, Fitz, Jagan, Mattie, One Love, Mitch, Austin, and on and on. EVERYONE was there right from the start! Loads of hugging, loads of toasting, and LOADS of dancing...think I fell into bed around 5am. Saturday morning we were up around 11am, popping Aleve like it were candy, trying to prepare ourselves for 9 more nights like the last. We were picked up promptly by Alex of Denzil Clyne's and taken to our Suzuki Vitara. The summer deal was fantastic...one week including tax and insurance for only $300. We spent most our nights partying away with our friends at Quito's. Had dinner on Sunday at The Elm, of course. Elvet was over at Norman, but fear not! We definitely caught up with him a couple times during our stay. Also did dinner at Myett's a couple different evenings...and the tabby cat is STILL there after all these years, eating wonderful table scraps.[Linked Image] Sandman and Larry and doing wonderful...Kareem and Valerie were/are in San Francisco, and Carol was visiting FROM San Francisco. Lover Boys were playing there on the Monday night so we all gathered at Myett's and boogied, there. Tuesday night we spread the word to everyone we met all over the island (hello to the 18 fellas from Philidelphia!![Linked Image]) to go check out Quito, solo. Much to my chagrain, Quito had to take his bride out for their anniversary and cancelled at the last minute. SO! We did karaoke all night and Jeffet played DJ. I met Will Holmes, from TTOL, and his wife Teri that evening. (it's all still pretty hazy but I am pretty sure it was Tuesday night) They had their son and daughter with them, as well as their daughter's boyfriend. REALLY very sweet and fun people!![Linked Image][Linked Image] <br>Also met the one and only Vincent1 from TTOL and Xtreme that Tuesday night...whatta sweetheart! And Nicola!!!!! [Linked Image][Linked Image][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img] A total gem and a blast to have funny girlie chats with...so glad these are new friends...<br><br>Wednesday night was Full Moon. (groan) Same party as always...once you have been to one you have been to them all, really. Bluto, the Jose Cuervo rep, was there and he was CRAZY! We have the pictures to prove it, honestly![img]/images/icons2/rofl.gif[/img] Danced away to Vincent's groove, and played in the streets until about 2:45am. No mushroom tea for us, although the Malibu was flowing quite well on its own...YIKES! Saw Will and Teri again, but NO JUMBIE!! Lisa, where the heck were you?!?!? Was'nt sure if I just truly could'nt pick you out of the crowd or if you never made it, but talk about a BUMMER![img]/images/icons2/frown.gif[/img] And Marylou, it was GREAT to meet you too! Sorry I had the search party out to hunt you down! hah!!<br><br>Most the rest of the week was spent recooping from the night's on the beach all day, and shopping. Spent loads of time limin at Smuggler's Cove, too, of course. If we swam in the ocean, it was only there. Something about Cane Garden Bay when there are zillions of power boats parked 25 feet from shore that makes me not want to wade there...a couple days you could really smell some raw something-or-other. Think I'll stick to the Smuggler's water.<br><br>Was in touch with Mike Kneafsey, and hung out with him for a bit on the beach over a few drinks while I hunted a local down to prepare a HUGE fish he caught off Tobago. We joked about the fact that even thought we live in the same city, we see more of each other in the BVI's.[img]/images/icons2/cheers.gif[/img] Not a shabby place to bump into a friend, eh??<br><br>Sweet Charmaine (Sweet Lassie) finally arrived on Thursday...what a doll! I am SO glad we got to meet and bask in the sun together. (And booze together, and dance, etc etc etc) She is a wonderful woman, and I regret leaving before her birthday festivities!! Also met Malcolm (ManPac) and he is a party-to-go! This man does not leave the dancefloor!!!!! Okay, can we all just decide to reunite at the same time, same place, next July?? What a fun group of people to be with for all those days...The pictures are fantastic, trust me![img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img]<br><br>My friends from Anegada, Glen and Sylon, were trying to make it over for Full Moon and could'nt swing it with Lowell's service on Virgin Gorda that Saturday and all. We spoke several times, though, and everyone is doing good.<br><br>I feel like I must be leaving something out....oh yes! CARNIVAL! [img]/images/icons2/clapping.gif[/img] Was on my way to the village at about 2am to catch some of the calypso when a HUGE torrential downpour swept in. It was far too ugly to jump out of the car and I was not ready to hike through the mudpit that the village can quickly become. SO! I could'nt tell ya how Carnival was, but most people said it was good...Charmaine will probably elaborate once she gets home.[img]/images/icons2/wink.gif[/img]<br><br>I'm going to wrap this up by saying it was an awesome time, and I absolutely cherished my time catching up with friends. Cane Garden was gorgeous as always, and we had ZERO challenges with crime...<br><br>Hello and all my love to my friends on Tortola who check up on this website: Nicola, Vincent, Elvet, Marylou, Quito and the whole crew, and on and on. Can't wait to return...

Jessica
"...I'm making my Tortola run!" -Quito Rymer