Traveltalkonline.com Forums

. >


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
mahokid 25
erb923 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
SXMNorm
SXMNorm
St Louis, MO
Posts: 7,135
Joined: July 2001
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
12 members (geomo, fabila, Mikel, calle313, roosterhead, JeanneB, Sxmtm, KandG, caribmichael, Volle Maan, 2 invisible), 413 guests, and 161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#192694 04/19/2019 10:44 AM
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
S
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
S
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
I am receiving conflicting reports on Verizon charges on St.John. Could someone tell me if Verizon is still roaming (from Puerto Rico I think) or using their own towers now. Thanks in advance, Steve

BVI Sponsors
.
Steveful #192716 04/19/2019 12:08 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
According to the coverage information found here: here, St. John is covered by your US plan. According to that website, St. John is only 3G. My son took an unlocked phone with an AT&T SIM which worked fine on St. John.

Last edited by louismcc; 04/19/2019 12:09 PM.

Louis from Houston
Steveful #192732 04/19/2019 01:37 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 987
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 987
Likes: 1
Verizon says that USVI is part of the US plan and therefor no roaming charge.
However in 2017 I did get roaming charges while in Charlotte Amalia.
Verizon said I might have picked up a BVI tower, but I am pretty sure that was not the case.
They refunded all charges incurred during my time in the USVI.

Heading back down in a 2 weeks. We will see if anything has changed.


Chuck W.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5