Member Spotlight
pat
pat
Brookfield, CT.
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
45 registered members (eightzerobits, MKGrey, caribbeangirl13, charlie, Travel Talker, Manpot, deliveryskipper, WWII, diver67, StMartinFan, steve74, Kathleen, RickinAtlanta, Memphré, nevar37, KirkB, SacoFrank, MrEZgoin, Alltech63, cabokid, VirginGordaResident, ColoBoater, pony600, BillDauterive, SoakInSaltwater, foreversxm, Bigdaddy, tmsxmsails, RonDon, lcote, Don_and_Linda, GeorgeC1, Kevin_B, Wahnfried, Zanshin, Matt W, Time Will Tell, 8 invisible), 1,026 guests, and 74 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Day 10 #254792
05/04/2021 08:23 AM
05/04/2021 08:23 AM
Northern Michigan
dolfer Offline OP
Traveler
dolfer  Offline OP
Traveler
Northern Michigan
We ate our first breakfast at The Gingerbread Cafe and it was quite good. I had the Captains breakfast (eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage and toast). Yum. The wife had French toast made with real French bread. Also very good.

Made our grocery run to Carrefour in lieu of our usual walk. Very busy traffic and a packed parking lot but we got in and out fairly quick. Picked up a real nice piece of salmon and a good looking ribeye for dinner this week.

Upon return we saw the pool was vacant so set up there and really enjoyed the fresh water and no sand for a change.

My wife encouraged me to shop for some shirts with the Poolside vendor and I found two beautiful Hawaiian like button-up shirts for $20 each. Very nice and very comfortable.

After lunch more time at the pool enjoying the gorgeous weather.

For dinner we attended the resort BBQ night again. It was very well attended, more so than last week, and I received a couple of compliments on my new shirt. I know, big deal but I'm an old retired guy who only buys new clothes every couple of years so it's a big deal to me.

That's all for today.

May the Fourth be with you.

Dolfer

SXM Sponsors
Re: Day 10 [Re: dolfer] #254797
05/04/2021 08:46 AM
05/04/2021 08:46 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
That Carrefour parking lot is almost always a tight fit, but great shopping there! Sounds like another great day. And I had to take a quick look at my calendar at the end of your post. grin Enjoy!

Carol Hill
Re: Day 10 [Re: dolfer] #254801
05/04/2021 09:09 AM
05/04/2021 09:09 AM
Connecticut
The_Lurker Offline
Traveler
The_Lurker  Offline
Traveler
Connecticut
It sounds very nice there.
We visited the Divi one day and were going to take a walk down to the Belaire , but sand gravity took over--Again!!

When we returned, on another day, the guard said we could not park at the resort, but on the road.
That's quite a walk! I wonder if this is always the case?

Re: Day 10 [Re: dolfer] #254806
05/04/2021 09:53 AM
05/04/2021 09:53 AM
Northern Michigan
dolfer Offline OP
Traveler
dolfer  Offline OP
Traveler
Northern Michigan
Next time I suggest you park in The Belair parking just short of the gate and walk down to the beach. Then you can go as far into Divi as you wish.

We walk from the Belair down to Divi every morning. This has been great for me because of the pandemic, and the cold Michigan weather, I have not been exercising at all and my arthritic knee has suffered. Between the heat and the light walk the aches and pain are subsiding.

I used to love walking but have to take it in small doses these days. It's a bitch getting old. I'm kind of jealous of one our new friends here at the resort. He walks from the Belair through Divi down into Pburg all the way to the Greenhouse and back. Wow.

Dolfer

Re: Day 10 [Re: dolfer] #254814
05/04/2021 11:29 AM
05/04/2021 11:29 AM
Rhode Island
RonDon Online content
Traveler
RonDon  Online Content
Traveler
Rhode Island
Is there no longer a guard shack at Belair to insure resident parking?

Originally Posted by dolfer
Next time I suggest you park in The Belair parking just short of the gate and walk down to the beach. Then you can go as far into Divi as you wish.

We walk from the Belair down to Divi every morning. This has been great for me because of the pandemic, and the cold Michigan weather, I have not been exercising at all and my arthritic knee has suffered. Between the heat and the light walk the aches and pain are subsiding.

I used to love walking but have to take it in small doses these days. It's a bitch getting old. I'm kind of jealous of one our new friends here at the resort. He walks from the Belair through Divi down into Pburg all the way to the Greenhouse and back. Wow.