Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,014
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
SXMScubaman
SXMScubaman
Auburn, WA
Posts: 21,591
Joined: March 2009
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
7 members (DanS, Lucyann, MrEZgoin, NumberCruncher, timnboston, 2 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,059
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,059
...has resurfaced, literally! Apparently it doesn't float due to bottom damage so it will be on a land based vacation from now on unless someone has some magic they can work on it.

Dawg Rocks Mark


Thanks to Jim Kelley for spotting it and Bruce for relocating it to Ali Baba's. Stop by Ali Baba's, grab a beer, rum or whatever and give the Dawg a cheers...if you do, please share a pic, his daughter Nicole would love that! cheers

I should add there is a funny story behind this for those that didn't know Mark Paulson aka Saildoggie aka Dawg..... a long time active TTOL member and organizer of years of fun TTOL flotillas. I know others who were there can tell it better!
RIP Saildoggie

Attached Images
Dawg buoy.jpg
BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Oh my..the tales we could tell! I was with the Dawg on the Catfight when we hit the rock and then some other good folks put the marker there before the storm took it away.So happy to see it..wish I could have snagged it for CRC!! I will definitely toast Dawg at Ali Baba's..giving it my best Dawg impersonation!!!!

1 member likes this: flyingjohn
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,534
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,534
Likes: 1
The Dawgs memory lives on. Stop by Alibabas and have a beer or 10 in his memory.


My foot fits right into my shoe and my shoe will fit right into your...
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073
Yep! Remember hitting that rock like it was yesterday! Good times!



[Linked Image]
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 391
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 391
Likes: 2
Watch out for gravity storms!!
I was at that race, but avoided the rock.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 183
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 183
I see that Saildoggie (Mark) has passed away. What a loss! He was so funny and a complete joy to sail with! I remember him giving us some heat at some anchorage (all good fun), so we catapulted some very over-ripe Cornish game hens his way. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time. What a great guy!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5