|
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,006
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Manpot
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Posts: 17,513
Joined: May 2002
|
|
|
8 members (SXMScubaman, Dan&Roxanne, RatmansWife, Two2go, Buddyhog, luvtotravel, 2 invisible),
388
guests, and
53
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 926 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 926 Likes: 1 |
This is a question about clearing Customs and Immigration on Beef Island. In the past we have travelled to the BVI and we were always given a C&I paper form to fill out before we got into port. But last year we flew into Beef Island from Miami Florida and not given a form. When we got to C&I they had a computer device set up for you to hold your smart phone up to and answer questions on your smart computer thingie. Ahem, not to tell you how old we are but the only phone we had was an old school flip phone and that would not work. When we got up to the window and were asked to download our info onto their desk machine we told them that we did not have that computerized equipment and were used to filling out a form. We got a young person omg who are you look and were told to go sit at a table. After many minutes a clerk came over and ran the questions by us verbally and we figured that was it. Nope! Then we were given the "old school" forms and had to fill out both sides as we did in the "old" days and then get back in line, have the papers gone over and then got our passports stamped and then were admitted into the BVI for our vacation. So the question here is are they still doing C&I this new way or offering senior's the paper option to speed things along? We are again flying into Beef Island for three weeks on Virgin Gorda. Information/updates appreciated.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 391 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 391 Likes: 2 |
Easiest method is to fill out online form at BVIEDCARD.GOV.VG prior to flying to BVI and print it. Give copy to officer upon arrival. Remember, you can only fill out the form within 72 hours of the day of arrival. No manual cards as far as I know.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534 Likes: 6 |
we just did exactly what Frankie did and it was a breeze...we upgraded our seats on the AA MIA EIS so we could get off first and went through in 5 minutes. I had a print out and computer and my buddy had only computer. I think they have all the buhgs worked out
Thanks to this boards advice
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78 |
I am in STT and heading to the ferry dock and unable to fill out the form..it wont let me put my correct birthdate in no matter what I do and I cant download the pic they require..hoping for help at the ferry dock
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 707
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 707 |
I am in STT and heading to the ferry dock and unable to fill out the form..it wont let me put my correct birthdate in no matter what I do and I cant download the pic they require..hoping for help at the ferry dock I had the same problem in March and was given a paper form.
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78 |
A charming young lady at the RTFF desk managed to do it for me..wll worth the $20 tip she got!!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3 |
I am 87 now and use all the newest equipment. It is not so hard. Embrace the new world
tpcook
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78 |
I embraced it..but it would not register my real birthdate or download a pic..my ,much younger, pals had exactly the same problem!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3 |
i downloaded a picture of my wife and me sitting in the stern of my yacht, no idea what they want. later, i figured out it wanted a picture of my passport.
tpcook
|
|
|
|
|