July 14th

Jon: “I think I broke my liver.”
Body: “Uh, you have a liver? “

Woke up early and ate the rest of the refrigerator. After two weeks, the omelet I made with “everything Left” was great! Let’s see if I have this right:

A six-egg, spaghetti sauce reduction, 4 cheese topped, rum drenched omelet with a side of Baby back ribs, Macaroni and cheese, with wilted Lebanese salad, and orange juice flambé. Served on a bed of day-old Chocolate Croissants and a Blue cheese side.

It’s really not as bad as it sounds. You should try it? Want the recipe?

Went down to the airport and checked luggage, and Returned Chairs and Cooler and a fan to Unity, who was going to hold it for Craig at Pack-LITE. He and I agreed that he’d be there at 1 PM, or I could leave them. Ehiel at Unity I asked my question directly about if I should pre-vacuum the car before returning it, and they assumed me, astonished, that noone spends a vacation vacuuming a car.

Since I didn’t have to be out of the room, we left our carry-ons there, and went to the beach. On Pelican beach, and finally met Kesemy, the beach guy Dan M recommended. Dan has known him for 20 years. When I introduced myself, and mentioned I knew Dan over the internet (I used two weeks of his on this trip), Kesemy instantly knew exactly who I was referring, mentioned his name, wife, and asked about their son. WOW great memory with one sentence. I updated Kesemy on the son’s college plans, as Dan suggested, and we had a great conversation. I only wished I had spent more time on property to get to know him better.

Hey Mistuh Papuh-man, it’s time to go home. Time to go home, time to go home.
(If you have never read don’t Stop the Carnival by Hermann woulk, while you are on vacation , you are missing out. Them go buy Buffett’s version of the paly the co-produced. It rocks!

We stopped on the balcony to say “Goodbye Paradise” (a family tradition) and talk of things we liked best. It always makes me cry. Coz, I’m a wuss.

We dressed, checked out in less than five minutes, after dropping the towel attendant a ten, and wished everyone onsite goodbye. The towel ladies were friendly, yet firm, and commented that my kids had the best manners they had seen in a long time. (Doesn’t hurt that I pre-warned them that if they weren’t nice and polite, the towel ladies would jump through the windows and chased you!).

I’d definitely never arrive or leave the Pelican on Saturday or Sunday. This was just too easy on Friday. Who knows, next time we’ll arrive Wednesday?

Ran into several people we “knew” in the airport, having met them on the island over the past 16 days. WOW small world. Kay and Bob are teachers, and we have run into them unplanned three times this trip.

Boarded, flew home with a stop through Miami, that took less than 30 minutes, including immigration, customs, rechecking our luggage AND going through security all over again. Still had 1 hour plus to eat at Chili’s express, and finish off the last four of our Carib, my wife stashed in her carry-on.

I declared everything, brought back 21 bottles of MADOUDOU, and paid Tariffs on nothing. I simply listed “Local French Rum” and $400 in the amount column, and was not even asked. My wife got a bag searched, as she did not realize we had dropped a lighter in there from BBB the night of the TTOL Party. We’re smokers so I didn’t even realize we had done it that night, (while smoking an infrequent cigar). They asked her for it, and she gave it up without incident.

Got home and our driver had 3 bottles of water cold for us. Mentioning he knew we’d need it..

Collapse..

Oddly enough, I don’t need a vacation form this vacation.

Cheers everyone, thanks for reading.
-Jon

For a little escape and a lot of insanity:

http://joslinsrock.blogspot.com/