July 9th, 2006
You know what I find helps end a Liver hangover?A big, fat chimichanga with extra sour cream and guacamole. ---Oh, no, wait. That’s what makes you puke some more. My bad.

Woke up early today, and headed out to Baie Plum. Nice beach but overall the sand is harsh. The snorkeling is best we have found, on the far left end of the beach. Had a good time snorkeling with two girls in their early twenties. They decided that clothing was too much, and went out on the rocks to sunbathe. Minda said I enjoyed it, and would love it if they were also … Oops, spoke too soon.

Finished up the day by going to Baie Rouge, and Simpson Bay. Both nice beaches for a future trip too. We finally saw the drawbridge up, and then going down, which has bveen a daily question from the kids. Translated: “Dan can we sit in traffic on purpose?”.. haha Got pictures though.

Went to dinner at Pineapple Pete’s. Met the owner and had several occasions to talk to him. Great Service. Had two waiters, one of which was Max, the nephew of Pete from Australia. He had been in town 10 days, and came to the island to work, and found out his uncles owned the restaurant by applying for a job. They had not met previously, I believe he told me.. WOW Small world. 10,000 miles later and your uncle owns the restaurant you go in for a job.

Great service, the Lobster Thermidor was awesome, and oru 6 and 8 year olds were the hit of the evening with surrounding diners, as they hung Large raw onions from their ears, Put on their “Hollywood” Dark sunglasses, and gave their best pose. Nearby diners asked them to keep it up, as they also took pictures. It’s such a shame they are so painfully shy huh.

Minda had Grouper stuffed with crab, and we added a Shrimp Biscue, Shrimp Cocktail. The kids had burgers.. Total Bill was $130 with another very generous add-on tip, as the service was exceptional. Between Max and the other waiter, we also had three visits from Pete, and at least 6 others stop by and touch our table.

I lost a bet to Max, Who turned out to be 18. I guessed 28. Age guessing is not a strong point.

For a little escape and a lot of insanity:

http://joslinsrock.blogspot.com/