|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,046
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 1,160
Joined: June 2005
|
|
|
19 members (knitsoftwear, IWIWSE, Oceans, CaribbeanCanadians, Rumlover, calle313, Kvsmith1, dj1094, Kelann, FLCajun, Good Boy Gus, GettingThere, SeeDiver, sierrasteve, xrayman67, 4 invisible),
334
guests, and
56
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
#66184
08/26/2015 04:49 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,148
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,148 |
I have a 6yr old son travelling with me and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for things to do in the San Juan area or further afield.
I have no interest in beaches as I live on one. Is there any threads that I should be reading?
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100 |
Here's a couple of ideas...
Visit El Morro Fort in Old San Juan.
Take a tour to the rainforest - El Yunque. If he can hike, you might visit one of the waterfalls.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4 |
We did el yunque when our son was 8yo. We hired a guide and I was very pleased with what he added to the trip as it relates to education and showing us things that we would have missed. The cost was gentle on the budget. I will dig out the info when I get to work.
When our son was 5 yo, we did both the forts, one each day. He loved both.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 357
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 357 |
How did you find your guide for El Yunque?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4 |
I found him on line and follow up with more research. Here is the site - http://elyunque.com/islandwalkers.htmWe were very pleased with his service. It absolutely enhanced our time in the forest and worth every penny.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|