|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,024
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 40
Joined: June 2010
|
|
|
17 members (Fran, pandpfromcanada, S/Y Mockingbird, Richie, ScottW, dj1094, 48ref, Sea_Skyman, NumberCruncher, toast, 7 invisible),
433
guests, and
58
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
#72427
10/25/2015 01:54 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 63
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 63 |
I have my garmin handheld with 2008 Bluechart on it. Is this outdated? has any navigable channels changed since 2008 ? more missing buoys at anegada?
thanks
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 414
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 414 |
I still use mine - at least the islands and the rocks haven't moved but I never count on every marker still being there so I wouldn't trust the newer charts that much more. Honestly, I think I have everything memorized by now but I still check the chart the night or morning before just in case and we keep a watch out and try to arrive with the sun overhead so we can read the water if it's a dicey area.
Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|