We have lost count on what number trip this is maybe 10-12. It doesn't matter. God willing we will be back next year! I was not going to post as our SXM vacation is a really " do nothing" type of vacation, read as many books as possible and big decisions as where to eat.

We fly JB out of Boston. Both flights were uneventful and on time. Getting through C&I in Boston was a breeze.

The weather was a little different compared to other years. Monday March 14, it rained all day. And I really mean all day! I have never experienced that. Plus there was the rumble of an earthquake!! Just to keep us guessing!

Restaurants: Like everyone else, we have our favorites. I won't mention all. We tried Melange. There were six of us. We all enjoyed the experience. The service was excellent. They could not have been more attentive. I personally loved the concept as you could enjoy a varied meal, lamp, chicken, shrimp and beef.

If you have never tried the stuffed meatloaf at The Palms you are missing out. It is not on the menu every night. It is a special offered occasionally. Well eight of us were sitting around doing the "snack and chat" thing ( of course with a glass of wine) when we mentioned we had missed the meatloaf. I called Greg ( owner/ chef) to ask if we could special order it for a future evening. Graciously, he agreed. We are now known as the " meatloaf mafia". Food was delicious. It was a great evening! Also their white wine sangria is delicious.

Beirut is another new place that we visited twice. Both times we had a wonderful meal. They offer a " taste" of their lentil soup. Again it is not on the menu, just an offering. Fabulous! And don't forget to order the hummus.

We had friends stay with us this trip. They were newbies but plan to return as they loved the island.

As we stay on Simpson's Bay beach, it is sometimes hard to get motivated to leave. But we can't miss going to Anse Marcel. We got there twice this year. It is by far my favorite beach. Everything about it from the beach staff, to the food and mostly the nice clean bathrooms, makes for a wonderful day.

With new visitors, we did the "Sunset Bar visit. And also, Phillipsburg shopping. For many years I had wanted to try Tijon in Grande Case. This year was the year. What a fun experience. I would highly recommend it.

The only down side was the day after we returned home, we has SNOW! But we are fortunate to spend three weeks in paradise.

Thanks to everyone on TTOL who share their positive experiences.