Member Spotlight
Ritchard
Ritchard
Eastern Caribbean
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
SteveNC
Who's Online Now
28 registered members (JasonHelmbrecht, BeachBum2424, DEL, MNsnowbird, jagmansr, davidandsusannj, FatCat04, IWIWSE, Snorkeller, oceanview17, jphart, Kennys, cvo, bostonbob, CdnCouple, KirkB, dolfer, fabila, GeorgeC1, skibum, 8 invisible), 138 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by jagmansr
I “discovered” the wrong sit'e listing lobster throughout the Caribbean. Yes lobster season is through The end of July. Sherwin even confirmed it for me. So the question is how long after July 31 can lobsters survive in the restaurants underwater cages?

most places I think use them about 2 weeks. Ask around. As duckfat mentioned, you can typically find fresh all year if you ask around but that's a different discussion I'll leave alone.
12 353 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
12 minutes ago
Looking to visit either BVI or St. Marten this November/December with my GF and want to go to the 'no shoes, no shirt, no problem' areas. Not looking for public sex sites so to speak (although absolutely nothing against those who are) instead we are looking for more local dive beach bars where she can wear some pretty revealing clothes with no issue. Including loosing her top when the mood is right. Also some barely/no clothed catamaran rides for (2), awesome beaches, maybe a sensual massage for her, and cool local nightlife. Not looking to be fenced in at a resort, just not our style. As a side highlight, if we happen to meet the right he or she to meet up with my gf . . .

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! pepsi
0 4 Read More
British Virgin Islands
14 minutes ago
I “discovered” the wrong site listing lobster throughout the Caribbean. Yes lobster season is through The end of July. Sherwin even confirmed it for me. So the question is how long after July 31 can lobsters survive in the restaurants underwater cages?
12 353 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Scott--thanks for the link!! Unusual property.
13 454 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
Is anything happening with day trips from STJ to JVD?
65 15,817 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
13 454 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Will do. Just buy that villa on the cliff and call it whatever you want…lol
13 454 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Ollie--give the family our best.
13 454 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
pat, we should team up with your written reports and my aerials…lol
Carol, I remember seeing the name not long ago but I forget. I think it was for sale at the time. I’ll ask Jules when we go for dinner tomorrow night.
CaribLee…I have three RPAS’ but this is my DJI Air2s. I capture photos in RAW format thus the huge files
MXS…I’ll get some of Happy Bay before I leave
the captain…it’s getting really difficult lately to get permission through DJI but there is a workaround. If you’re interested send me a message and I’ll explain.
Thanks bostonbob
13 454 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
The pilot would have know instantly the gear had collapsed. In this case it also appears to have locked up the right wheel based on skid marks on the runway. The pilot did a good job keeping it on the paved runway. Probably a lot of left rudder and left brake. It does not appear that the right wingtip contacted the ground since as mentioned it was a partial collapse. If no prop strike and no wingtip damage repairs are far simpler. I don’t know the current status of the aircraft but I imagine a team could get it flyable with the gear locked down in a day or so. Getting the team in quickly might be a issue with the runway blocked. Water taxi to the rescue!
G

I spoke to Nadia today on another subject and the aircraft has been cleared for some days and the airport has been open. She said as soon as the "investigation was complete in a few days" the aircraft would return to EIS.
23 708 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
I assume the passengers would have only thought it was a rough landing? Unless the pilot said "oh crap". Then the fingernails dig into the armrest.

Nadia told me the delay is their version of our FAA. I did not know the runway was blocked too. Thanks for your info.
23 708 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
The pilot would have know instantly the gear had collapsed. In this case it also appears to have locked up the right wheel based on skid marks on the runway. The pilot did a good job keeping it on the paved runway. Probably a lot of left rudder and left brake. It does not appear that the right wingtip contacted the ground since as mentioned it was a partial collapse. If no prop strike and no wingtip damage repairs are far simpler. I don’t know the current status of the aircraft but I imagine a team could get it flyable with the gear locked down in a day or so. Getting the team in quickly might be a issue with the runway blocked. Water taxi to the rescue!
G
23 708 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
Great pics!
13 454 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
Repairing anything on Anegada is a challenge. I hope they can get it repaired quickly but it remains to be seen.
23 708 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
Ive debated bringing my Mavic air 2. would\nt work near the airport though. But so must great stuff to see all over the island
13 454 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
George - that is what my husband said as well when we were looking at the photos (he is a pilot as well). Wonder who was flying - Jamie is our favorite IB pilot - if she was flying I am sure she handled it well.
23 708 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
8 hours ago
This man was very lucky to have been shot in the leg and not elsewhere. As a career banker, I have had the misfortune to have been robbed several times, twice at gun-point. On one occasion, I had the ceiling shot out over my head by an impatient young man who thought we were not putting the cash into his bag fast enough. After that, he put the gun to the manager's head.

NEVER, EVER intervene, interfere - whatever you want to call it - with someone with a gun under these circumstances.

Things could have been so much worse for this tourist and others in the restaurant.

Glad to hear the man recovered physically. Not so sure about his psychological state, though.
33 3,024 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
9 hours ago
We have used AAA for it seems like ever never had a problem some times it may seem to be hard to get in touch with them if so check your spam filter . Used him in May didn’t get a response called him everything was ok he called me back in 5 min and said we were on the log and we talked for another 10 minutes his service is great
20 746 Read More
British Virgin Islands
9 hours ago
Originally Posted by jagmansr
Goggle BVI lobster season,,,, ends June 30

Good idea. I'll try that. Thanks!

1. 2020 - July 31
2. generic - published Feb 2020 - July 31
3. generic - published 2016 - July 31

4. generic - published 2019 - July 31
5. generic - July 31

You chose the place to order lobster that is most likely to serve frozen mush whether the season is open or closed. Go to Potter's next time.
12 353 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
jollymon--say what??
14 1,251 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
I would love to see a drone view of Happy Bay. Thanks for the great pictures.
13 454 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
Thanks for the pics. What type drone do you use?
13 454 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
Great pictures! Do you know the name of the villa in pic#4??
13 454 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
Love the pictures - brings back many great memories!!!
18 958 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
10 hours ago
Wow that's great -- love that it captures so many places! Thanks for sharing --hope you are continuing to feel better.
15 2,373 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5