Top Posters(30 Days)
pat 58
jomarc 35
GaKaye 27
fabila 26
Member Spotlight
jmbcomms
jmbcomms
New England (home), St. Maarten (many weeks each year) and California (where my daughter is)
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
nyoming
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (IslandBoi, FatCat04), 249 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
This is happening in Sint Maarten, but it has affected people and businesses from other countries too, including the United States. Several families from abroad tried to buy real estate in Sint Maarten through him. Some of the many lenders and business partners are also abroad.
4 1,049 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
They said Embraer 175.
40 2,005 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Did anyone already dig deep enough to see what plane AA is using for the MIA to EIS and back? Curious…
40 2,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
And when something sounds too good to be true……….

I guess I’m confused about this. Is it happening in St. Martin/Sint Maarten?
4 1,049 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Dwain Fitzson Carbon is a crook and fraud. The story is much much bigger than what the media has covered so far. He has a very long background in Ponzi schemes from many years in multi-level marketing, and so does his wife Josefina "Arony" Nunez-Carbon. They used those skills to make him look successful and turned to real estate as the product. Took millions of dollars from hundreds of clients, did not deliver, embezzled the funds and kept attracting new investors and lenders under bogus agreements (guaranteed returns, full refunds and financing available, unbelievable prices and interest rates, the highest luxury developments, super fast timelines) that were too good to be true, and fled to Florida. His closest allies and staff all realised who he truly is and left his side. Only his cousin (Don Cornelius Baron) and uncle (Peter Azille) are still helping him. One day all will be revealed, karma will catch up, justice will happen, and the many victims will receive some form of closure. Some big names are involved, also at the corporate and government level. But everything runs on island time down here, so we wait patiently and enjoy our paradise in the meantime. God bless.

Una vez más para mis latinos. Dios es bueno y todo lo ve.

Dwain Fitzson Carbon es un ladrón y un fraude. La historia es mucho más grande de lo que los medios han cubierto hasta ahora. Tiene una gran experiencia en esquemas Ponzi de muchos años en marketing multinivel, al igual que su esposa Josefina "Arony" Núñez-Carbón. Usaron esas habilidades para que pareciera exitoso y recurrieron a los bienes raíces como producto. Tomó millones de dólares de cientos de clientes, no entregó, malversó los fondos y siguió atrayendo nuevos inversionistas y prestamistas bajo acuerdos falsos (rendimientos garantizados, reembolsos completos y financiamiento disponible, precios y tasas de interés increíbles, los desarrollos de lujo más altos, plazos súper rápidos ) que eran demasiado buenos para ser verdad, y huyeron a Florida. Sus aliados más cercanos y su personal se dieron cuenta de quién es realmente y se fueron de su lado. Solo su primo (Don Cornelius Baron) y su tío (Peter Azille) todavía lo ayudan. Un día todo será revelado, el karma se pondrá al día, se hará justicia y las muchas víctimas recibirán algún tipo de cierre. Algunos grandes nombres están involucrados, también a nivel corporativo y gubernamental. Pero aquí todo funciona según el tiempo de la isla, así que esperamos pacientemente y mientras tanto disfrutamos de nuestro paraíso. Dios los bendiga.
4 1,049 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
Direct is not Non-Stop. Common and incorrect description.
Direct makes a stop or stops without a change in planes.

Non-Stop is just that.
40 2,005 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Look again, you can fly through Miami both ways.
40 2,005 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:09 PM
Miami is an international airport. For me it was exciting news I could fly from CMH-Miami-BVI with only one stop in Miami. From what I see, it’s a 2 stop flight home with the extra stop in San Juan. Factoring in total time and potential hassles, I’m still content flying into St Thomas and taking the ferry just like over been doing for the past 8 years.
40 2,005 Read More
General Caribbean
Yesterday at 08:21 PM
Soooooo,
After a late night/early morning with some great friends, we decided whilst solving the world's problems that we needed to book a getaway with our families. Has anyone done the San Pedro area of Belize? There's a few places on VRBO that I have started looking at. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!
0 22 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:01 PM
NEWS

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) hours of operation at the Edward Wilmoth Blyden Marine Terminal will change to 0800 – 1700 hours, daily. This change is effective Sunday, October 09, 2022, until further notice. The office can be reached at 774-6755.

Hours of operation at the Cruz Bay St. John Port of Entry will change to 0800 – 1800 hours daily. This change is effective Sunday, October 09, 2022, until further notice. The office can be reached at 776-6741.
0 70 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
NEWS

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) hours of operation at the Edward Wilmoth Blyden Marine Terminal will change to 0800 – 1700 hours, daily. This change is effective Sunday, October 09, 2022, until further notice. The office can be reached at 774-6755.

Hours of operation at the Cruz Bay St. John Port of Entry will change to 0800 – 1800 hours daily. This change is effective Sunday, October 09, 2022, until further notice. The office can be reached at 776-6741.
0 33 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by jagmansr
I just checked for a June 7 flight to June 15 and all return trips had a stop in San Juan

Flying from EIS to CONUS always means a customs visit. That isn't news, that's just normal.
40 2,005 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:50 PM
So why bother??
40 2,005 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
I just checked for a June 7 flight to June 15 and all return trips had a stop in San Juan
40 2,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
If it were me, I'd just give them a call and ask.

Winner......winner......chicken dinner.
9 1,133 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:38 PM

I don't think they were thinking fancy restaurant, when they opened. It was more like a take out service with a few tables.
The quality of their food brought in more diners, but it seems Caterina is concentrating on
the food rather than a wine list.

We once bought a great bottle there, which we liked very much.
9 1,133 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
Rates will vary tremendously over the next 6 months. However, if it becomes reasonably competitive in pricing, and not establish a reputation of cancellation/delays, it will become a preferred route for us. So following closely.
40 2,005 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Prices seem to be correcting and dropping. Unrestricted business is cheaper than unrestricted economy. The good news is we found FF tickets (one way) for 35k in June, and restricted economy tickets for $563.
40 2,005 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 05:29 PM
And June 8 to 19, Miami to Beef Island, round-trip--$594......
40 2,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:24 PM
If it were me, I'd just give them a call and ask.
9 1,133 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 04:59 PM
Thanks Toast for your kind words! We only have two days left and we decide deliberately to have a chill departure!
Next blog up is a day at the beach! Here is a sneak peak on what is to come. It is not White Bay, but it is on the same path to heaven smile

[Linked Image]
42 4,232 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:57 PM
Ha ha, I knew it was around somewhere but did not think it was that close.
Thanks
3 398 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:22 PM
I would imagine prices will change since this is a newly posted route, but I will never understand airline pricing. For reference, CLT and ATL are about the same driving distance for us:

June 1 from the AA website;

ATL - MIA - EIS - Main $2,291, Business $3,565

CLT - MIA - EIS - Main $2,215, Business $3,815

MIA - EIS - Main $2,213, Business $3,742
40 2,005 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:11 PM
All I can say is bring a bottle and see what they say. If they say no just buy it there.
9 1,133 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:15 PM
It was also cheaper from Memphis than from Miami, but not yet reasonable.

Like Steve, we would pay a couple hundred more for this flight because the timing is a game changer. After a 65 minute layover in Miami, we would arrive in Beef Island at 1:30 pm, which means we can pick up groceries and get to our house well before dark.

Avoiding a boat passage in the dark or spending a night in a hotel is well worth a few dollars more in flights.
40 2,005 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12