Member Spotlight
jomarc
jomarc
RI
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
davecyndi, Marc, Terrance, trailer12b1, tsria523
Who's Online Now
23 registered members (Uksimonusa, YachtReprise, Lionsail, SXMNAN, TRIM, eightzerobits, RatmansWife, wct49, xrayman67, Midsouth, Halcyon, ARC, DanS, Todd, Todd_Melinda_K, Kevin_B, bailau, Billtjw, 5 invisible), 807 guests, and 71 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
52 minutes ago
Yes, Ms B's was when they developed behind where her place was. Ms B probably had more of a case to stay than Scavengers, noting that the Dawn Beach destruction was before my SXM time but always assumed that Scavengers came post hurricane.
35 1,677 Read More
British Virgin Islands
54 minutes ago
If you're at the Moorings, do stop by the French Deli across the way.
14 1,680 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
It was Scavengers Beach Bar that was lost when Columbia Sussex bought the old Dawn Beach Hotel property and rebuilt as a Westin.
35 1,677 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
I put in my online order with Riteway on Monday. We'll arrive on June 1 and I told them to deliver to the Moorings between 3 and 6 pm. My flight lands in the afternoon so there's a chance I won't be on the boat when they arrive. I assume they will get directed to the proper boat by The Moorings staff. Is that true?

I've never provisioned with them before. Is there anything I need to do at this point? Should I follow up or confirm closer to the date or something?

I specified "no substitutions" but I know that it's merely a suggestion/plea. What is the process for a) rejecting/replacing the unwanted items and b) getting anything they may have forgotten from the list?

I or someone from my crew are likely going to go to the store after we get there to get a few more things so would I reconcile any issues then?

Thanks!
14 1,680 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
We were in St. John this past Thanksgiving for the week, and the weather was more cloudy and rainy than we have experienced in other months of the year in the BVI/USVI. The locals said the trades typically come in later in the month around Thanksgiving (before, during or after) and it dries out. I have no idea if this is true, but the weather did clear out the week after we left.

Regarding the activity on the island, it was much less crowded than we expected given the price of the flights. We were wondering if the BVI was more crowded, so I'm a little surprised that St. John was slow based on what is being said here. Overall, we may not visit in November again given the weather uncertainty, but only because we have other options in drier months. If we didn't have other options, I wouldn't hesitate to go in November again.
4 264 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
If all goes to plan - we plan loosely on these trips - we will be there on Monday, July 1st. We try to moor or anchor in front of Ivan's, but we will be at Soggy in the afternoon. We are a group of 4 - I'm taller and my wife is small (4'11" - she cheered at ECU by the way) and we have two daughters (18 and 20). We live in the Cary/Apex area. I see you are from NC - where?
12 1,147 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
There have been numerous outages in the three weeks we have been here. As Dr.Phil said earlier, La Terrasse has a generator so not a major problem for us.
5 205 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
I ran into the same problem. Was going to Ace Hardware in Cole Bay but had to go back home to Maho. Ended going later in the afternoon.
5 205 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Oh no... curious what that means for my family members who are doing an RCI exchange in to Belair for a week in July.
6 318 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
At least the power has not gone off at the Condo today, Jim and Loraine, YET!!
5 205 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Scuba--Yup, GEBE manages to screw up everything.

Jim & Laraine Glad you were able to work around it.
5 205 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Got to love GEBE.
5 205 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:15 PM
We plan on posting a full trip report when we finish up our trip in mid June, but this was too good not to share.

We were headed to Hertz this morning from Simpson Bay with a little car problem and decided to head across the Causeway to fill the car up in case they swapped us out. Coming back across the causeway at 10am, the bridge opened for it's normal routine. Well it didn't close for a while and then a walker came back down the walkway telling everone to turn around because the bridge operator announced that Gebe cut power off for an hour and the bridge couldn't close.

Kind of funny now, but what a cluster F. The bridge was jammed and everyone had to try to do a U-turn over the divider or back all the way down (which we did). We ended up going back through Marigot and the Low Lands. The Cole Bay route was a parking lot.
5 205 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by erb923
Unfortunate about the not great Italian food dinner in Orient Village, isn't Roma your favorite? Maybe do a nice lunch on the French side.

We like to try other places and last year La Trattoria was good for a repeat. Not so good this time.
9 428 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by lcote
I think they ask if you want to add to the check on credit card because they have to put in the exact amount into their little machine.
As opposed to entering the tip later.

Should never be asked in the first place.
9 428 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
That's too bad. Belair was our first official stay on the island. Nice Resort at the time but happy we found the Flamingo and stuck with it.
6 318 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:18 PM
Unfortunate about the not great Italian food dinner in Orient Village, isn't Roma your favorite? Maybe do a nice lunch on the French side.
9 428 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:12 PM
But it’s so very much worth the wait if they have availability for your dates!
6 318 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by sxmmimi
Mullet Bay was not a timeshare. All units were individually owned and were rented out thru a management company - Sun Resorts, Marriott, there were several over the years

Mullet Bay Resort - the original property that opened in the 70s was definitely NOT. a timeshare. They were Units sold to people but they were erected on property retained by the developer which is where some of their problems began.
The Towers at AMullet Bay, Which ultimately became just one building as opposed to the three oriunally proposed were definitely Timeshares. We had four weeks there which we used and loved for about 30 years of our fifty year love affair with SXM. Oh.... the wonderful memories!!
35 1,677 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:53 PM
I don't know why, but often you have to be patient and wait for an answer from BSV. I wouldn't blame you for cancelling. Sounds like they have still not got their stuff together.
6 318 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
No, we are not there now but have arranged to rent 2 weeks there later this year. Obviously, that may change. Lisa contacted BSV for availability in December but they did not get back to her.
6 318 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by pburke40
We are not big fans, but i think it’s because we remember the old Marks in Cul de sac, which was fantastic! In our opinion.

OH YES! In the shopping center is not as good ambiance. Miss the Cul de Sac location
15 848 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:54 PM
I think they ask if you want to add to the check on credit card because they have to put in the exact amount into their little machine.
As opposed to entering the tip later.
9 428 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:45 PM
I'm a foodie and don't mind paying for it as well, so after listening to you all, last went in 2019 as mostly eat on the French side and from what I remember, the food was fine and if I was to rate it. Value for money for SXM 9/10. Portions. 9/10. Food itself 7.5/10. Service 9/10, So overall it rates well, and when on the way to Philly would pop in again if starving. We are all different. I will never forget the Foie Gras soup at La Cigale, which is at the other end of the scale if not totally off the charts and I had two lots with several glasses of Sauternes to go with it as I am such a pig and basically sat on the throne for the next day, but it was worth it(at the time).The soup and wine possibly cost more than a meal for two at Marks, but I enjoyed both in different ways.
15 848 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:14 PM
OK thanks.
9 428 Read More
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18