Member Spotlight
Colour1
Colour1
Westchester /NYC
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Bea
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Jeannius, piet, IWIWSE, 2 invisible), 52 guests, and 323 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
When we were there in March, we visited the Mark's Carrefore numerous times. Since the remodel, the store is FANTASTIC. There was more choices that i ever saw before....and really enjoyed shopping there. Also found the prices better than before Irma. The fruits were so fresh and sweet....the selection of ''snacks'' was better than ever....the bakery goods were all delicious and fresh...and even though we didn't buy any meats, the new store seems to have a much larger selection than ever before....and looked over the meats, and they looked fantastic. For folks that do bring their own from home, i would doubt that what you bring would be any better than what i saw in their stock. We did notice that the prices at Mark's location, and the carrefore express in jordan village surely did NOT match up. Seemed like it was much cheaper at the roundabout. Just an f y i.
6 273 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
A little more than Pinel but a lot more enjoyable. We ate more and drank more than at pinel too.
29 1,489 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Hello, is the cliff open yet? How is the small beach area around the cliff and rainbow beach club,is there a sandy area still? It was small before just wondering if it’s still there. Thank for your help. Dolores
0 35 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
Personally I find any Painkiller too sweet. Much prefer the Soggy Dollar Bar "Soggy Man" - 6 different rum shots over ice. The one I had today was delicious.
19 929 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
For ME, Pinel is less expensive even factoring in the ferry. Others' mileage may vary.
29 1,489 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
correction....that is $2000.00 per person, not per cabin.
4 142 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
The recipe card that came with my Soggy Dollar Rum last winter indicates that the Original Soggy Dollar Painkiller is made with 2 oz orange juice, 1 oz pineapple juice, 1 oz Coco Lopez and 2 oz rum. I thought it was an error but the bartender confirmed this when I talked to him last month. I made a batch like this and it tasted nothing like any painkiller I’ve ever had. I’ll continue to make it the 4-1-1 way.
19 929 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
Big fan of October...last year actually had no wind and dead calm on trip to Anegada...we went out of Moorings at the beginning of Oct and we were slightly early as some things were closed. In talking to Ann at Cow Wreck 2 days ago they will open 2nd week of Oct for Interline and Cooper said they might be towards the end of Oct...

I would prefer to miss the Interline circus

Last year we were 1 of 3 boats at Anegada...nice because it is more quiet

I like the May and October cycle...
3 135 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
6 hours ago
We go to CSS in April and I just looked at prices for the same week and it is 200. More a day at Grand Lido
12 1,428 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
Had a great time on the Scoobi Too. Convenient if you are on the French side
5 380 Read More
British Virgin Islands
7 hours ago
Thanks!
I've done a little research...nothing in depth yet.
But it seems renting a cabin would be a bit cheaper per person. There will be 4 of us, possibly 5 The fees with chartering that I have seen will have to add provisioning, booze, fuel, water, insurance, mooring balls, cruising permits, National Park fee, plus the captain...and feeding the captain at $52.00 a day!
And I've seen some cabin rentals for $2000.00 each. Might actually be cheaper than chartering and captain.
I'm hoping to find some TTOLers who might have had experience going that route.
4 142 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 hours ago
Thanks Linda. Great little map!
15 790 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Scubaman--I read the other note first. Ignore my question there.. Glad to hear you can bring water anyway.

I already replyed to yours before I read this with this post:
"Delicious I had the calamari appraiser upgraded to lunch size and other three had the chicken which I'm going to have next time after having a bite of hers. Was a great day and will repeat again."

Scuba...would you say the day at Anse Marcel set you back about an equal amount as a day at Pinel? Factoring in the ferry, chairs, etc?
29 1,489 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Agreed, the Carrefour by Mark's is very well stocked. The Cole Bay store is more convenient from a lot of places though.
6 273 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
We shopped the other Carrefore the last couple of weeks and thought that it was a very well stocked and with good fruits and meats. I was never in the big store that's under reconstruction but this one is more than big enough for us to re-provision for at least a couple of weeks.
6 273 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Graeme is great to deal with. Send him a pm.
4 142 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
Most companies will offer the opportunity of a boat with a skipper for an extra fee. This is not a crewed charter of course, but the boat will be expertly skippered for only a fraction extra on the cost of chartering the boat. TMM has good connections in the skipper community in the BVI and will match you and your team up with a very suitable skipper. Give them a call or drop me a message. Happy to assist.
4 142 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
By Mid October 15th nearly everything is open Interline regatta will be going on.
3 135 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:23 PM
Hurricane season is June through November, with September the peak, so October is not really “clipping the end” of it. Some places will have re-opened, but not all. Every month has its fans, and I would expect those who prefer October do so because it is quiet.
3 135 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
With the bright sunshine, it doesn't look chilly! Me being from Florida now, chilly doesn't attract!! grin But keep taking us along!
16 285 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:08 PM
We've been down Thanksgiving week twice before but are considering mid-October this year.

Should we expect some restaurants/bars/shops to still be on break from the off-season?

Any October weather we should be aware of? I know we're clipping the end of hurricane season. We have gotten a bit of rain in November before and a bit doesn't bother us, but we wouldn't want it to be raining every day.

Thinking about going with a power cat for the first time this year as our big sailor won't be with us. Technically my husband and I are qualified to charter a sailboat, but if it's just the two of us, we probably wouldn't do much (if any) sailing.

We are considering the smallest boats at both MarineMax and Moorings. Moorings is a bigger boat, but also considerably more money. Any reason not to go with the Marine Max 36ft for just two people?

Thanks all!
3 135 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
Anyone have recommendations on a crewed charter?
We've been to the BVI many times. Unfortunately our captain is no longer with us, but we'd like to come back to that 'slice of heaven'.
We can charter a boat and hire a captain, or 'rent' a couple cabins on another boat. Any ideas.
4 142 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 06:15 PM

No thank you Carol for reading and following along. The weather has been perfect for picture taking. However, it is very chilly. Not slowing us down because we are having so much fun!
16 285 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Riverfrontbrewer
Linda, no because it’s black and it’s pretty hot / not breathable material. But it does get plenty of use!! Thanks Walt!

Haha! I forgot it was black!! I'll tell Walt though :-)
9 649 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:29 PM
On Google Earth there is a beach labelled Anse des Peres South of Friars. All I remember is a sign on the way there with that name, which is how I labelled the slide. We were basically wandering and may even have been lost when we came across it.
15 790 Read More
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26