Member Spotlight
PJP
PJP
Maine
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
kristibh, tnw2007, tomapop
Who's Online Now
55 registered members (ScurvyD, WLE, cvo, JasonHelmbrecht, golda1, OllieEh, salica, boucharda, xraylady, duke63, Buddyhog, Ritchard, deputydog1157, PattyH, sail445, SURICK, PnPinNC, Kennys, jbutah, Todd, mainesailor, PML, JanBob, johnhill, mprevo, bethandsteve, Leagle49, sierrasteve, JoGene, RonDon, SeeDiver, davecyndi, tradewinds, SXMbeacher, SXMBND, rfrimmel, B & D, mark37, Ironman417, ColoBoater, macgrg, MamaJ, CottageGirl, CestLaVie, jagmansr, 10 invisible), 199 guests, and 107 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
7 minutes ago
We were planning on booking a room there in April, but are now hesitant based on the previous comment about the poor pool maintenance. It certainly has that appearance in their website pics. Is anyone able to comment on this who has stayed there recently?
14 1,059 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Speaking of pottery, I've been wondering what happened to Marie Moine? Her house and studio are still there, but no sign with her name. Wondering if she left the island?
8 426 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
So very glad you enjoyed your time there. I think it's a really special place.
2 123 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
OK, thanks. Actually doesn't sound like there is a heck of a lot more food available than in the tents. The Daily Herald story seemed to indicate there was going to be a VIP Lounge, but perhaps it just isn't open yet.
92 5,289 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
I did not see a smoking lounge or a VIP lounge. There were 5 or 6 separate food concession in the departure lounge area as well as a bar.
92 5,289 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Thanks for the info. Was that the only food in the departure area? Again, did you notice if there was a VIP lounge? What about a smoking lounge?
92 5,289 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
We departed SXM yesterday (very sad!) Our departure experience was not bad at all. We got to the airport about 12:15 for our 3:15 flight to Newark on United. There was no one ahead of us at the united counter so check in was fast. Passport control and security were likewise quick. We got to the departure area about 12:30. Departure gates are out of the old "B" gate areas. You can't go into that area until about 30 minutes before boarding so it does get over crowded. There is a big area before that with a bar, several food concessions and a duty free liquor spot and restrooms. It was pleasantly cool. There were a number of flights on Sunday afternoon including KLM. It was full but there were almost always seats available. Once we got into the B gate area it was very crowded, about like it's always been down there, but still not hot. We were able to walk to our plane. Stairs to the front and back which proved a huge challenge to several people who were in wheelchairs. Overall we were really pleasantly surprised. Not a bad experience at all. I posted some pictures on the "Friends of Simpson Bay (Pelican) Resort St Martin SXM" Facebook page for those that have access. It's a closed group. Sorry.
92 5,289 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
If you still need a map, send me a PM with your email address and I will scan and send it to you.
3 287 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
We flew out Sunday afternoon. We arrived 2 hours before our departure time. Ticket lines were long but AA did go pretty quickly. Johnny Burger and Dominos were selling in the departure area. They may have been getting the food from the trucks, I know Dominos did. Bar was busy. Other than leaving an hour late because folks could not figure out how to store their carry-ons, the experience was ok.
92 5,289 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Had breakfast at l'Oasis a few years back with Ann (AnnandSteve) while waiting for one of the nearby pottery shops to open. Gotta say, they make the most wonderful scrambled eggs!

Anyone know the status of the pottery shops there.
8 426 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
La Samanna was a favorite "hang out" of Jackie Kennedy way back when. Saw a photo of her walking in the gardens in a magazine.
2 256 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
The Ferry Station is close to the Airport and with Hertz you would have to use their Shuttle.
1 57 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Where is the ferry dock located now that we will go to for Funtime charter to Anguilla?Also, is Hertz car rental within walking distance from ferry? If not, any car rental closer? Thanks
1 57 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
Right now it doesn’t look like they have any first come first serve balls in the app. I think they’re making sure the reservation moorings work first before they start installing the first come first serve moorings.
56 3,702 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
So, there is not food INSIDE the waiting area? If you have your food delivered inside, not sure how that would work?? Did you notice whether there is in fact a VIP lounge?

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I hope you didn't injure yourself?? Welcome back to cold reality!!
92 5,289 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
We just stayed a week in Oyster Pond, after a week in Orient Village, and liked both places equally. There is no bakery, but the store next to l'Oasis, Bread n Butter, has fresh baked goods daily. l'Oasis & BZH Creperie have excellent French food, and the pizza from l'Oasis is one of the best, if not the best, we've had on the island. Both restaurants, plus the store, have very friendly staffs. The area was especially hard hit by Irma, and they are glad to see visitors returning.
8 426 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
We got there early, before the long lines, and had our passes printed in a minute. Johny Burger & Domino's have trucks outside, you can either eat there at the picnic tables or they will have the food delivered to the waiting area. The only issue: They never announced boarding for our flight, we heard our names paged, in a rush to board I tripped & fell. I think we were the last ones to board, but there was still a line in the cabin, so we didn't delay anything. A shock to our system when we reached EWR - 37F & pouring.
92 5,289 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago
I was scrolling through some pictures on Flikr and found this one of Saba Rock under re-construction. Looks like the heavy equipment is hard at work... joy
[Linked Image]
5 1,635 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
I remember the old days. Albert at the bar, Frankel, Saul Steinberg, DeNiro, Buckley, Michael Landon and many more. What wonderful hotel back in the day. I hope it can retain its status as the best place to stay on St. Martin, if you can afford it.
2 256 Read More
World Wide Travel
3 hours ago
Hi there....I was just in Sydney for 3 nights in late October and stayed at the Megaboom Hotel at 93 York Street. Basic, simple, secure and walking distance to Darling Harbour, central busiess district, restaurants, etc. And the price was right,
1 71 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
OK, thanks. It wasn't there earlier.
10 1,365 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Thanks!
3 271 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
10 1,365 Read More