Member Spotlight
sxmmartini
sxmmartini
Long Island, New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
funnybunny921, Gatorman1
Who's Online Now
25 registered members (bdeeley, Fletch, dfmsml, DandM29212, ARC, DanS, AndyK, GW248, BHK, marybeth, SXMBND, GettinBye, nouth, usasxmlover, Tg2018, warren460, BoatGuy, Maranjo, 7 invisible), 119 guests, and 354 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
35 minutes ago
Just another example of the crazy stupid airline industry. I've been following Charlotte direct to SXM for a few weeks, and all of a sudden tonight, when I'm about to book, our fares are UP $300 per ticket to $800 since LAST WEEK!

Guess us CLT boarders are paying for you Yankees! smile
1 217 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Ocean Club is gone. They are working on Sapphire.
2 221 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
It's on the menu. It's called LUNCH!
39 1,916 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
Looking forward to our trip to Anguilla in November. Have already been on the Celine a month ago and it was absolutely amazing!
7 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
Out of.aqua mania at SBR.
3 131 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
You should revisit this thread and ask the question again right after the first of the year. I am quite sure there will be quite a few more opti9ns available that people can share with you.
13 700 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by bdeeley
When are you planning to arrive on your trip? What vacation dates?

Presidents day week. WOW, thanks for all the replies and recommendations. Actually we just did ziplining and kayaking on Long Island, so we have some adventurous types here. Didnt know about the rhinos and atvs.

yeah I figured ther butterfly farm was no more. now that they are older, time to check out new venues and support the island with our tourist $$$

Thank you all again and keep em coming!
13 700 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Nice, sounds like heaven!
7 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Thanks still out of Simpson Bay watersports?
3 131 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
No real schedule of trips yet. He's only been chartering the new boat for six weeks. At this point he does the trip we did today and a trip to Anguilla. He is hoping to do some multi-day cruises which makes sense having such a 'liveable' boat with six state rooms.

Haven't done Jamtillian yet.
7 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Lambada and tango.
3 131 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:18 PM
How was jamtilian?
7 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:10 PM
Louise--enjoy your trip! I know it's been a while for you...
39 1,916 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Does anyone know if any sunset cruises are running in October?

Thanks

Bruce and Edie
3 131 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Glad you had a good time! Do you know what other trips he is doing now?
7 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
The Ocean Club I do believe is totally torn down now. I have not been to the island since March 2018, the Sapphire bar was open, there were a few people using the swimming pool, work was being done but it seemed a long way off before they will be done. That may mean some units are available, but probably another year to get back to full swing would be my assessment.
2 221 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
No. We just went to Baie Longue, swam, ate lunch and then stopped at Mullett Bay for awhile. Very fun, very relaxing.
7 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I did search for posts and found only a post about a couple being robbed at OC.
Is the Sapphire empty, or up and running, or any work being done? What does anyone know?
Thanks in advance for any news.
2 221 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:56 PM
My fav breakfast. I order the loaded Bloody Mary which includes 2 or 3 jumbo cocktail shrimp. Not sure how it is described on menu but will be finding out soon enough.
39 1,916 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
Sounds like a great time, glad you enjoyed. Was your trip an around the whole island trip?
7 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:44 PM
Just returned from a fabulous trip with Neil Roerbert on his new boat. What a great time. The new boat is very big and very luxurious. The food, pastries, coffee and excellent bloody Mary's, and a lunch to die for. Ribs, shrimp with rice and several excellent and unique salads. The boat is so nice and comfy with great seating all over including a large spacious fly bridge that's covered and super easy access into the water. Noodles and snorkeling gear and stand up boards. You cannot go wrong with this trip and a great opportunity to see the island from the ocean.
7 260 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:27 PM
Good afternoon all,
Just checked AA for travel out of DTW thru CLT for Late November/early December, and prices are down over $200 from where they have been. Nice flights too...on the island by 2:30, and back home with no overnight. No matter where you're departing, if you typically connect thru CLT, you might want to check.
1 217 Read More
Recipes
Yesterday at 07:15 PM
This sauce over pasta is unbelievably delicious! It's a recipe from the late Marcella Hazan's (famous Italian chef) cookbook and promoted by the NY Times.

Only 4 ingredients and super simple.

28 0z. can San Marsano whole tomatoes

5 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 medium onion cut in half

dash salt

In a 3 quart saucepan, add tomatoes, butter, onion and salt. bring to a simmer. Crush tomatoes with spoon and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes. Remove onion and serve over hot pasta and grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Enjoy.
0 19 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 06:29 PM
Our main reason to bareboat is snorkeling -- usually BVI but planning to go to USVI possibly SVI this summer -- Aware of the severe impact many of snorkel sites in BVI --How severely were the "good" sites impacted farther west and how are they recovering?
0 40 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
There must be a strong undertow.
13 936 Read More
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14