My wife and I have been going to St Martin since 2001 and have never had anything bad happen not once.

This trip was completely different to say the least.
On June 6 at 8:00pm we decided to stop at our favorite restaurant to make reservation for the next night. I am reluctant to provide the name of the restaurant because we do not want to harm his business. Let’s just say it’s in the area of the Simpson Bay Yacht Club by the Scotia bank in that area.

We parked in the same area we have parked at least 20 times; the parking is about 50ft away from the security shack for the yacht club.

By the grace of God since all I was planning to do was running in and make reservations, I told my wife to lock the doors and stay in the car and check in with our Daughter. Good thing she did.

When I exited the car I was immediately was confronted by a youth wearing a black hoodie pulled tight around his face. He had his arms extended towards me and I caught a glimpse of something shinning. He did not say anything, within 10 seconds someone from behind me hit me in the head. I did not go down immediately so he hit me again, at that point I started yelling for help figuring the guards would come to my aid, which by the way they did not. At that point they leg whipped me and I fell to the ground, when I was on the ground they proceeded to kick me several times. At that point the only words spoken by the thugs was to stop yelling. One of them put his foot on my head and proceeded to lift my wallet. The sad part is if in the beginning they would have just asked I would have given them my wallet with no need for violence. What I was unaware of was that one of them tried to get into the car after my wife. She started blowing the horn, lucky the doors were looked.

The coward security guards at least call the police.

The police show up and wrote down the information but said if I wanted to file a police report I had to go to the police station. Another fact about the security guards is one lied about the direction the thugs ran, my wife saw them run away.

When I got back to Club Orient the young man at the desk helped us cancel our credit cards. The following morning on the way to the police station we wanted to stop and tell management about the young man who helped. Both the managers we great and contacted the America consul to the island. He informed me what to do and he was going to call ahead, I will not get into the runaround I got trying to file the report even with the help of the consulate(SP).

We went back to Club O and never left the grounds. I did receive a call from the Police on the way to the airport that they had my wallet. When I went to pick it up. I thought I would have asked a simple question, where did you find it? They told me they had no idea (figure that out). The credit cards were there but the money was gone and they took my badge. The badge had very little monetary value but great sentimental value.

One thing I learned don’t rely on the security guards, this was told me by the Police.

Will we ever go back? Too early to tell. My head isn’t clear yet from the concussion.

I would like to thank the the whole staff at Club Orient and all our great friends at Club O. We have already stated that the guests at Club O are the friendliest people on earth.

Before all this happened we have a great time on Peggy and Paul’s nude cruise. Thanks Captain Paul and Muriel.

I am not writing this to scare people but to make them aware that things like this happen. Unfortunately, they happen everywhere else in the world.
Walt

Last edited by Walt; 06/15/2016 03:22 PM.