again I agree with GaKaye. Maybe that's why I don't like eating in Simpson Bay. I always feel rushed.

Even though there are no longer 2 seating---I think Marios was the last to abandon that---there are still some places in GC that follow the rule of watching, not bothering, the patron while eating. And we always HAVE TO ASK for the bill. It's the only French my husband speaks, "L'Addition sil vous plat" and Merci

When I was 16 I remember going to dinner with my mother and another couple in Malorca Spain. The man from the couple reached for the wine bottle and the waiter almost flew across the room to grab it. They struggled as to who would pour and the man said he wasn't crippled and didn't need help. My mother told him it was the custom. As we were leaving I saw another waiter chastising our waiter for not noticing sooner that glasses need refilling. I felt badly for that waiter because I though the man was crass in every respect, not just dining.

I guess I will always prefer dining in fine restaurants. And in GC you don't always have to pay a fortune to do so.