8 oz diced roasted chiles, drained
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic, minced or more to taste
3 jalapenos, seeded and minced
4tbsp red wine
6tsp chili powder
pinch of oregano and ground cumin

rinse and dry chicken; cut into 2"pcs and sprinkle w/ s&p to taste. place in slow cooker and combine other ingredients. cover and cook on low for 7-9hrs. serve with any condiments you'd like. i topped it with some shredded pepper jack. no sour cream or crackers in the house otherwise i'm sure they'd be served on top.

the outcome... excellent. in fact, i overslept and the chili was on low for about 10hrs and still very good. i made extra to freeze.

[img][image]http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv308/lotsanivanh/food005.jpg[/img][/image]

jerked chicken drumsticks, serves 2

2 jalapenos, cut in half and seeded
5 scallions, cut into pcs
2tbsp cider vinegar
2tbsp brown sugar
1tbsp olive oil
1tbsp soy sauce
1 lime, juiced
3tsp jerk seasoning
3/4tsp salt
4-6 drumsticks
1 bell pepper, sliced

place all ingredients except chicken and bell pepper in a food processor and puree until smooth. place drumsticks in the slow cooker and coat each piece with seasoning paste. add the sliced bell pepper on top. cover and cook on low for 6-7hrs.

the outcome...

[Linked Image]

slow cooked pulled bbq chicken, serves 2

1 small white onion, chopped
2 garlic, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs

for the bbq sauce:
1/2 cup ketchup
2tbsp cider vinegar
2tbsp light brown sugar
1tbsp olive oil
1 1/2tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2tsp chili powder
1/4tsp chipotle chile powder
1/4tsp salt

2 big buns or 4 small buns

sprinkle onion and garlic over bottom of the crock and arrange thighs on top. make the sauce and pour over the thighs. cover and cook on low for 7-8hrs, until chicken pulls apart easily. shred the chicken with forks.

the outcome... loved the simplicity and big flavor. forgot to take a photo though. sorry.

for a few years the slowcooker sat in the box all sealed up. finally took it out of the box about a year ago and am enjoying it. this weekend i went a little overboard and made all sorts of recipes. these were my favorites. only thing i would change, because i like heat, would be to bump up the peppers in the first two recipes.