Just FYI....we rented a unit in Orient Bay, through this company. Written in the contract was free chairs at La Playa (4 of us were on the reservation). When we got to the island Sprimbarth Cap Caraibes were the representative on the island. They checked us in and had no knowledge of any chairs. I sent an email to "managing director" who we had been dealing with and he said "sorry, that arrangement has now changed...we can get chairs at Bikini and pay for them and if we eat there we will be reimbursed" . We used this arrangement once and were reimbursed for our chairs; however, we were not about to eat everyday at Bikini......I contacted these people once we got home saying we were looking to be reimbursed at a rate of $10/day/person for 5 days. Of course now all communications have gone silent at the other end. Have called them and have been advised that the person we dealt with is sick??? Any suggestions as to how to go about getting some satisfaction? I realize that it is not a lot of money but we upheld our part of the agreement by paying on time as requested, I simply want them to uphold their written agreement to provide the service we paid for.