Final resolution...SMRC did not provide us with any refund, they had advised that as we were not able to produce receipts from the beach vendors we rented chairs from they were not able to issue any credit. So they did not dispute that we were owed the money just that we were not able to prove that we actually rented from other locations. As a "good will gesture" they would provide $150 grocery voucher to be used before Jan. 31,2018 if we booked another spot through them. HA HA HA!!! Anyway I did lodge a complaint to Visa, provided them with all the documents I had along with the emails that I had with SMRC attempting to settle the matter between ourselves. Visa have credited me with the return funds of $200.
Again I realize that the amount in dispute is small but when a travel agency advertises "free beach chairs" in both their advertising and the contract that we received after our initial payment, than I expect free beach chairs. Our rental was non-refundable hence it is unfair to advertise something, state it in the contract that you both agree to, than on the last confirmation, delete that clause and not say anything. I will allow the readers to make their own decision about right and wrong