I understand your point of view. I don't know enough of the details of your reservation frankly to speak of an appropriate resolution. I am only pointing out facts and filling in information. I am not here to pass judgement.
What you say may make sense to you (BTW make sure you have receipts) but it may not make sense with the counter party that is part of a negotiation.
An amenity like this that is lost should be around 1 to 4% of the lease value for compensation.
The other question is how much time and aggravation are you willing to endure.

Frankly,if it was me, I would say, I understand that you are going through a difficult time but I would appreciate if you could reimburse me "$$$". If you are pleasant and empathetic, it goes a long way. Keep in mind, they are a good company and I am quite sure they did not mean to deceive you. It is hard to keep up with all the information from suppliers and owners. For instance, we have a million data points to keep track of and I have two full time employees doing their best each day with the deluge of information. Not that you should care but there are two sides of the equation.

Take my advice as it is, I am just trying to resolve the issue. They are a good company and sometimes companies do deserve a second chance or special consideration.