SXMdoc...For us...the bottom line is...we wait for the updates directly from club orient instead of listening to people speculating. So far...it appears that club orient is trying to keep us informed as much as they can. It is a lead pipe cinch...we cannot go back until they send us the welcome home. I am praying for April 2019...but who knows? For folks that are good with staying at other resorts...they of course have many more options. There is only one club orient and unfortunately...it was destroyed. Since it is a self sufficient resort...I.E. supplies its own power and water etc.....it only makes sense that these things are going to take a longer period of time to rebuild. I am willing to wait...however long it takes. It is worth the wait to me.

Sadly... Steve and I were talking about this the other night...and even if they completely rebuild...it will be a different club o...what was in the past is gone. That's not to say the new club o might be better than ever. It will just be different.

I saw on the Jeff Berger Facebook sight pictures of horses grazing on the club o property...and i asked the question are they the horses from bayside...but no one answered me. I have so worried about those horses and the dogs and cats that made us all feel like we were at home. Did they survive? Who is taking care of them? All the little special things that endeared club o to our hearts.

How is the wait staff? Did they get the money we sent? Are they able to survive until club o comes back? Do they all have homes to live in?

So many questions and so few answers....and then i feel guilty becasue to me it is two weeks a year out of my life...so now i have to choose another place to go...big deal. These poor people are living this 24/7.
Anyway...feeling melancholy today...thinking about how much i will miss it...and grateful to have spent the last 18 years of my life enjoying those 2 weeks a year.

[Linked Image]