well at the end of the day...if flights are going and you can find a place to stay ahead of time...then they cant keep you from coming.

But they certainly can paint a realistic picture of the situation so you know what you are stepping into.

I have always thought the french side was impacted worse than the Dutch side...and perhaps the Dutch government is doing a better job assisting its folks. I don't know.

I see places reopening on the Dutch side...folks throwing up canopies along the beach and calling it a bar. Hopefully when the cruise ships return...they will buy those drinks and snacks and spend some money.

But i don't believe those cruise folks will venture to the french side...the restaurants are gone...the beaches are uninhabited...and while many hate the nakedness on the beach...it drew thousands of tourists there everyday that the ships came in.

The whole situation makes me sad...but i really am glad...we cancelled our reservation...and we will wait for the welcome sign to be hung out to return.

[Linked Image]